What are the 3 most important bugs to fix?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Pucu
EW Staff
EW Staff

What are the 3 most important bugs to fix?

Post by Pucu »

Hello Hunters,
One of the most common requests I received when I introduced myself to the Forum was for the new development team not to neglect existing bugs.

So today I am here to ask you: what are the 3 bugs that you think are most important to fix?

I know "important" is a vague concept as everybody has a different view on what's important and what's not. So let me elaborate.

The idea behind this thread is for us to have a list of bugs that are important to fix for the game and the community as a whole, as opposed to a particular player's personal preferences.
So for example, if a certain stone floating in the air on top of a hill in Timbergold Trails is particularly annoying to you, that's probably less "important" for the game than a piece of ammo not acting realistic.

Please remember this is a question about bugs, not feature requests or a wish list for new content.

Also please stick to three (3) bugs only, not 4 or 5 or 6. I know the temptation to write down a long list is strong, but we'd like you to think hard and vet that list so that only the most critical ones will surface.

DISCLAIMER
While this thread is going to be a very valuable reference for the new development team, please understand there's no guarantee that bugs mentioned here will be prioritised in the development schedule in any way. Bugs need to be analysed, their severity and complexity assessed, and will fight for development time with (a very long list of) other tasks. So please understand that we can make no promises as to when and if a specific bug will be fixed.

Having said that, please tell us:

What are the 3 bugs that you think are most important to fix?

Thanks in advance for your input!
Pucu | Game Designer
L3M182
Outfitter

Re: What are the 3 most important bugs to fix?

Post by L3M182 »

1 that jump straight out at me is

- the 22lr ammunition not working correctly and is severely under powered

(Edit)
Also the hit box register issue can be a bit of a nightmare where specific organs are required for missions or comps
Last edited by L3M182 on December 18th, 2019, 11:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tod1d
Lead Moderator
Lead Moderator

Post by Tod1d »

1) Animals not able to harvest
2) Bullet/projectile collision with invisible objects (terrain that is not visible or accurate due to LOD, and objects whose collision is not accurately represented visibly. e.g. an arrow stuck in the air a foot away from a tree.)
3) What's being referred to as the "Hit box bug." collisions with animals/organs not accurately represented.
It's "Tod", with one bloody 'd'!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

I am going to add a link to an older topic where Mat asked a similar question some time ago. This is not for you Pucu, but a refresher for me and others. There are many bugs that bother me but they don't all come to mind at once so it's difficult to prioritize for me without a refresher list. To others, feel free to reference this thread for bugs but remember, this thread is officially "old." Not all bugs in it still exist, and new bugs are present. Certain bugs may no longer be priorities for people. Use it as a refresher, but please do take a fresh look at our current bug situation too. And like Pucu said, please keep your priority list to 3 bugs.

Old Topic: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... Three+bugs

My Bugs:

1- Animal Hitboxes. Most bugs happen randomly, but this one is a consistent issue and has modified the way I play permanently. Some animals have hitboxes where you aim broadside, clearly for the lung area, and hit guts. The single worst animal for this bug is all of the bear species. Foxes are the next worst in my experience, and even moose have an odd heart hitbox. I've learned where to shoot on these animals to hit heart/lungs, but it is NOT where I'd aim on that animal in real life. Bears especially do an odd thing where a broadside shot will yeild lungs and intestines, but miss the liver entirely. Now how on Earth, from a perfect side shot, can that happen? And foxes yield a lot of body shots when hit in the vitals.

2 - Animals not acknowledging being shot with arrows. I have shot a handful of animals with arrows in vital areas and they continue to walk casually as if nothing happened. It has honestly been a while since I experienced this myself since I haven't used a bow for a long time, but many people experienced this recently in a community competition on the forum. I believe this can affect any species, but deer and bobcats are particularly bad for it. I honestly can't remember if these shots show up on the harvest screen after the animal is eventually killed. Can anyone confirm this for me?

3 - Not being able to claim some animals in multiplayer mode. I don't know what triggers this, but some animals are not able to be harvested during a multiplayer game. Often times, this animal will appear alive to the players, laying on the ground and staring at the player as they move around it. Shooting it repeatedly does not affect it. The animal never visually dies, and it can never be harvested by any player. Leaving the area and returning or waiting extended periods of time has no effect on this. I've never discovered anything that will allow you to eventually finish off or harvest the animal. This bug does not occur very often so it's difficult to replicate, but goodness it's a nuisance when it rears it's ugly head. Especially when it was a very nice trophy animal.
TosaInu

Post by TosaInu »

1.22 Plinkington not working like first time
2.Animals not able to harvest
3.Electronic caller can cause more bugs
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

1) Animals not able to harvest
2) 22LR rifle sight was bugged on last update, don't know if that was L3M182 refering
3) Hit Box Bug
DYEUZ
Trophy Hunter

Post by DYEUZ »

OMG , which ones do i write !! I'll tell you the most gameplay breaker for me .

1 - Hitbox issues on many many species now .
This is imho, the most important one , for me anyway and for many others too . Like i said many times , imagine a hunting game , where aiming is your most important talent , from many hours , years of play and you can't even rely on it no more . No matter if you aim right for the H/Ls , you'll get something else . It started with the Bears , now it's with many other species . In competitions where you need vital parts as a requirement , it is very frustrating when you hit intestines on a trophy animal , that would give you good score / position on the LB .

2 - Animals just standing there and / or being stuck behind rocks , trees , etc .
Lately , i've seen a lot of animals / species just standing there , next to me , like i don't exist or am invisible . They do not acknowledge my presence at all . Even hit with ammo of any kind ( bullets , arrows ) they just stand there , like nothing happened .
( i have couple pics of that issue if you need to see it )
About the animals getting stuck ! Well, this as been here for ages that i remember . Having a code of some sort , that would make the animals turn 90 degrees , if they walk on same coordinates for lets say , more than 10 seconds . Still stuck , turn 90 degrees again . Eventually , the animal will get out of there .
I often see Red Deer stuck behind rocks in VDB ( to give you an example ) while in my TS next to the river , for many many minutes .
Solution for me while in this hunt : Either go down and call him from a different area or not call no more and wait till he gets unstuck by himself !

Example of #2 bug .
ImageImage
ImageImage

I'll leave it at 2 for now . The other issues i have with this game are more the way it's been made up .
Things that make no sense to me, that could use a couple adjustments here and there .
If you ever want to know some of them , PM me and i'll let you know .
They are simple adjustments that would increase : quality , common sense and gameplay experience for all, not just for me .

Thx for making this thread .
Last edited by DYEUZ on December 19th, 2019, 8:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

BCKidd's 2019 COMMUNITY COMPS SERIES CHAMPIONSHIP
FIRST PLACE
MASTER HUNTER TROPHY

Zed McJack
Hunter

Post by Zed McJack »

1. Hitbox problem as others stated
2. Animals not reacting to hits, Im not sure is it only arrows or it might be other ammo as well, but I had it recently with Bobcat comunitiy comp, so you can check my hunt and you will see three arrow hits, one after the other and the animal state is still walking
Here is the link https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/zedm ... /678222141
3. Tracks vanishing. I had this only in Whiterime ridge and its not that the cone is invisible if you come close to the track, but the track disappears compeletly even the ones you already clicked on.
Last edited by Zed McJack on December 19th, 2019, 7:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mysen
Scout

Post by Mysen »

1. Hitbox bug
2. Not able to harvest animals. (most often happens with Dall Sheep)
3. Rusa and Sambar deers nervous state after fleeing. ( after fleeing they often dont spook correctly again)
Last edited by Mysen on December 18th, 2019, 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Threwlys
Tracker

Post by Threwlys »

1) In Inventory, all the time, the exact percentage of gear used in a hunting just appears if we move at least a piece. As you can see in the images bellow, at first we see 0%, and after moving the Predator "Jackrabbit" Caller we can see that i was using 74%:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0i9sb4jsczy9k ... m.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/644rpezfb3zac ... m.jpg?dl=0

2) just say we hunt an animal and we hit lungs/heart. So, he flees (in such conditions, how can this be possible? Another bug?) and at some place ahead, following the blood trail, the lungs/heart becomes body shot! As far i know, the contrary never occurs (body shots becoming lungs/heart). I never noted if the same thing happens with intestine shots.

Return to “General Chat”