Known Bugs - User Submitted

Have a problem? Not sure what to do? Check here for helpful answers. Please Read the Guides First :D
Lion Martinez
Outfitter

Known Bugs - User Submitted

Post by Lion Martinez »

Hi,

Due to popular demand, this thread is to compile user submitted bugs and for us to be able to address them more efficiently. Please do not report launching errors, account problems and similar errors. If you need help or want to discuss mechanics, please use the other corresponding forum rooms.

Please use the following template to your best extent. Screenshots and videos are very welcomed.

Bug: (short description)
Type: Animal/Gameplay/Weapons/Gear/Web/Terrain/Sound/Graphics/Inventory
Description: (Long description if nec.)
Occurrence: Rare/Frequent/Constant
How to reproduce:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
slichaos
Chat Logger

Re: Known Bugs - User Submitted

Post by slichaos »

Bug: Game crashing to desktop when leaving tower
Type: Gameplay/Weapons
Description: When exiting a tower to retrieve a kill game crashes to desktop: session over kill not recorded.
Occurrence: Rare, I think
How to reproduce: I believe I may have found the cause of this bug. It has happened to me and others on occasion. It happened the other day to me and I realized I had the bow still in hand when attempting to leave the tower (12). I started a new session and entered a tower (12), equipped the bow and then attempted to leave the tower. It happened again. I started another session, entered a tower (12) attempted to leave with huntermate in hand...success. This bug may be caused when attempting to leave a tower with a weapon in hand. I don't know for sure...maybe that's a good place for your troubleshooting to start. Hope this helps.
Lion Martinez
Outfitter

Post by Lion Martinez »

slichaos wrote:Bug: Game crashing to desktop when leaving tower
Type: Gameplay/Weapons
Description: When exiting a tower to retrieve a kill game crashes to desktop: session over kill not recorded.
Occurrence: Rare, I think
How to reproduce: I believe I may have found the cause of this bug. It has happened to me and others on occasion. It happened the other day to me and I realized I had the bow still in hand when attempting to leave the tower (12). I started a new session and entered a tower (12), equipped the bow and then attempted to leave the tower. It happened again. I started another session, entered a tower (12) attempted to leave with huntermate in hand...success. This bug may be caused when attempting to leave a tower with a weapon in hand. I don't know for sure...maybe that's a good place for your troubleshooting to start. Hope this helps.

Please supply your crash log, the latest *****.dmp file in your Hunter folder, send it to support and we can check what's causing it.
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Bug: Animal calling sounds not (or only partly ) audible, but still fully registering at the HM
Type: Sound
Description: See bug. This happens in estimated 10-20% of all cases when a animal sound call is produced. There is no obvious correlation to weather, time, player behaviour or whatever, what makes it very difficult to nail it down. I have a theory, which is shown below
Occurrence: Constant, but not often.
How to reproduce: Walk with your HM in hands over the map, and listen. You will, in every single hunt, experience at leat 1-5 cases per hour where the HM registers an audio signal from an animal which you were unable to actually hear, or you hear only a part of the call.

My theory: The fact that some audio signals are not simply completely silenced, but appear to be cut off somehow during the acoustic string, tells me that there must be a mechanism in place (maybe fully intentionally) which is designed to overrun animal audio signals, and these "half played" calls are cases which happen to be exactly on that border. I could imagine that there is e.g. a mechanism which prevents that too many animal calls fall togeher within a too short time span, thus making it impossible for the HM to register them properly. If each animal within audio range has a random generator occasionally producing calls, cases of double calls, or even overlapping calls should be observable from time to time - in fact, however, this never happens! Thus, there must be an active preventing principle here, working in the background. If every successful call e.g. comes with a "refraction period" covering all other calls that could occur during this time, this could be one starting point when looking at this bug.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

frozen turkey taken last week

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihL_Y4-lyzc

if turkeys do it and coyotees do it im sure they all do it at some time ;)
MonacoSteve
Master Competitor

Post by MonacoSteve »

Bug: Weapon (re)loading sound not audible, but the reloading animation plays normally
Type: Sound
Description: See bug. This is a very obvious and frequent bug; I guess 10-30% of all reloading animations fail to produce a sound, especially directly after game start (but not only then). It occurs for all firearms, and again there appears no obvious correlation to weather, time, player behaviour or whatever. I also tried to find a correlation to animal calls, but was not successful so far here either.
Occurrence: Sometimes
How to reproduce: (Re)load a weapon, either directly after game start, or manually during play, whenever possible.
7STW
Outfitter

Post by 7STW »

Bug:actual call not registering on the HM
Type: gameplay/gear
Description: Since the last update, if a hunter is near another track of any type, the HM will not disclose the location of the call or display it on the HM.The call (bucks or bulls) is fully audible, but can't be displayed.No "pawprint" confirmation on the HM either.
Occurence: frequent.Very annoying and results in lost animals due to lack of knowledge as to their location.And very bad luck that you were in the vicinity of a track.
How to reproduce: go into a game and remain near a newly IDed track.Trigger a buck grunt.Should be very easy to reproduce.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

Bug: deer walking in sky / air
Type: blacktail
Description: blacktail walks in air /sky believe its to do with terrain or hills. looked like it walked off top of hill and carried on in air.
Occurrence: not noticed it much.has happened with other deers
How to reproduce:not sure will add video later today
Crypton
Tracker

Post by Crypton »

Bug: Floating Foliage, Rocks, etc..
Type: Terrain/Graphics
Description: It seems the Logger's Point area has many things in the scenery floating above ground. Anyhow, I point this out simply because so far, the little time I have been playing the game is great, even for just sight seeing. I would definitely like to see these fixed as it ruins the atmosphere of a great game.
Occurrence: Constant
How to reproduce: Travel to the area indicated on the screenshots. Walk around the area, you will find many items floating above the ground.

Here are screenshots packaged up for download hosted on Megaupload file share:

Screenshot Format: PNG
Packed: Single ZIP File 11.85 MB

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K79PRIQB
Tears
Chat Logger

Post by Tears »

Bug: Shotgun in a strange angle while in prone position
Type: Weapons/Graphics
Description: While having the shotgun in hands and in prone position it sometimes switches to a strange angle to the right like my character wants to hold it away from himself as far as possible
Occurrence: Frequent
How to reproduce: I'm not sure but I have the feeling it happens especially while laying on rocks or tree roots.

Return to “Need help? Support & Technical Issues”