Puma odd behaviour

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
rogor
Scout

Puma odd behaviour

Post by rogor »

Afternoon all

In recent months I have been pushing the cats .. especially puma.

I have a fairly elaborate setup (3 tree stands, electronic caller and tail decoy) close to the exit to one of the tunnels. Tent is at the other side of the tunnel.

Spawn art the tent, load up, and go thru the tunnel. Drop prone. Start crawling. Puma spray, caller on, and head for one of the tree stands. Success? Possibly one in 4.

Ok, thats the background. Sometimes, when an animal gets near (about 50m or so, it goes completely crazy. Does not run away .. just runs in circles, running off off in different directions, coming back .. but never stops running. Sometimes switching the electronic caller off gets it to stand still for a bit .. enough to get a shot.

Anyone else experienced this? If so, have you managed to find a workaround?

Regards
xOEDragonx

Re: Puma odd behaviour

Post by xOEDragonx »

This is a bug that affects all three cat species at the e-caller. I'm not sure if wolves are affected.

They will go crazy and run circles, gradually moving the circle so they don't always run in the same place. They do this usually until you spook them.

My workaround is to turn off the e-caller. They usually stop as soon as the e-caller is off. You can learn how to time turning off the caller to stop them in clearings where you can actually shoot them. Sometimes, you can even turn the caller back on and they'll start walking towards it normally again. Sometimes, you need to turn the caller off, on, off to get them to actually calm down.

I usually kill them pretty quick after they do that, so I'm not sure if they are nervous or if they act normal once the caller is off and they stop.
rogor
Scout

Re: Puma odd behaviour

Post by rogor »

Thanks ..

Return to “General Chat”