An Interesting Tutorial Mechanic

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Modifly1
Tracker

An Interesting Tutorial Mechanic

Post by Modifly1 »

First of all, I hope this isn't considered a cheat as I am aware of the anti-cheat thread rules and I don't aim to step on anyone's toes.

But I'm sure we all remember our mule deer friend from the tutorial scenario?

Well I've been practicing on the tutorial scenario lately since it allows me instant access to a deer to work on my shots. But I noticed something. I was never once detected when playing it. So I thought I'd test just how much the game would let me get away with.

Turns out, quite a lot. I noticed that the deer will happily go right up to you without a care in the world no matter how loud or visible you are. The only time he will run is if he smells you or you hit him. Otherwise nothing. So long as you keep a reasonable distance he couldn't care less. Even if he does run, why worry? He stots off, then trots right back up again.

In learning this, I find it useful to practice various aspect shots since I don't have to worry about sneaking up to that particular angle. For example lately I have been struggling to hit deer from rear 3/4. So I just ran past him, went to that angle and loosed off a shot.

If this has already been discovered, then sorry for a repeat post. If not, I hope this helps noobs like myself get a chance at practicing some of the more awkward shots we can find ourselves in. :)

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.
trulight
Scout

Re: An Interesting Tutorial Mechanic

Post by trulight »

That's what it's for :)
Modifly1
Tracker

Re: An Interesting Tutorial Mechanic

Post by Modifly1 »

I wish it was possible to adjust the plastic deer in the range at Red Feather. I don't fully trust those models anyhow. Even then, the angles and distances don't always suit where I shoot from. So having this one with something actually moving will provide the best practice.

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.

Return to “General Chat”