Character became unmovable. No walk or look.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
TurboKid
Tracker

Character became unmovable. No walk or look.

Post by TurboKid »

So this is the secod time this has happend to me since I started hunting again in April.

I think both times it had to do with the TREETOWERS once in settlers and now in RFF. Tower 6 is where it happened to me this time.

once it happens you cant fix it. Im not stuck in a rock or tower. You just lose all control of your charcter and he becomes paralyzed holding the HUNTERMATE.
He won't move or swap weapons nothing. You can fast travel but it doesnt help you will still have the problem in your new location.

I troubleshooted a bit before ALT+F4. Heres what ive found out doesn't work.

Its not MY mouse or keyboard. even with the issue you can still press escape and go into your items or change keybindings ETC. so keys and mouse work
you can command your dog also. with keys, and mouse.

I reset all my keybindings with default.

I set new Keys for WSAD i put like UHJK.

alt tab and/or alt ent to window and back to fullscreen dont work. cant move in either.

removed weapons. Then cleared inv with button. added new weapon. moved callers etc.

REplugged both K&M.

Fasttraveled to lodge.

probably did some other things I can't recall.

I also always keep my game updated and verify files before planning big hunts, comps etc.

If anyone knows a fix while in game for this or a link to more info. Ive tried searching and COTW has ruined any type of google search for classic LOL
and I couln't find any info in the forums.

Im not gonna lie makes me want to stop playing. For me this is game breaking.
I spend a bunch of time setting up the reserve for the RFF community league competitions. Spending resources EMS and GMS, and breaking down other reserves setups. which is a fun process for me at least.
but then spending attempts and time to only be PARALYZED in the game and a fasttravel won't fix. Sucks.
I was doing one of those crazy travel missions that you need to walk for hours to certain locales then harvest certain animals at certain weights etc. and just had to quit the game. So its not just the spent attempt.

Also seconds before i had shot a 384 RElk from tower 6. Luckily this didnt happen before i was able to harvest.

I guess for now im not getting into anymore "TREETOWERS" on settlers or RFF or any other maps that may have them.

If it happens again in another style of situation treestands/tripods etc. Ill just probably just stop playing.

Really love the Community league, The daily's, and the forum league.
I know these things would keep me playing for a long time and investing time and money into in the game.

But the paralyzed character ruins the whole thing for me.

Please help! :(
rogor
Scout

Re: Character became unmovable. No walk or look.

Post by rogor »

Yes, I have had this too. It appears to do with the weapon you have equipped. You can usually EXIT the stand or, if in the right place, the tower. Once exited, you regain control of the avatar.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

It has happened to me a few times. I have to exit the game and then go to steam home page. Then I play the game from there. The next time I hunt using my desk icon, it works fine.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

This has happened to me at least 5 times this week. I spawn at a lodge or tent and I can't move at all. I close the game, log into the steam home page and try to play the game from there as well, and sometimes that works, sometimes it doesn't. Then I go back to my desktop icon and sometimes it will work there, sometimes not. Just a few minutes ago I went through the problem from both venues. It's getting aggravating especially when you spawn somewhere and then fast travel to a location, only to find you are totally immobile as far as walking goes. Camping supplies are pretty spendy just to waste like that.

Return to “General Chat”