Mind sharing Your System SPECs if you play theHUNTER in MAX quality and at stable 60FPS?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Luziano
Hunter

Mind sharing Your System SPECs if you play theHUNTER in MAX quality and at stable 60FPS?

Post by Luziano »

I am about to get a new computer, and wanted to know what should I aim for to get the highest quality possible on theHunter with a stable 60FPS. If you can share your rigs, I'll appreciate it!
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: Mind sharing Your System SPECs if you play theHUNTER in MAX quality and at stable 60FPS?

Post by Deconstructed »

It doesn't take much. I'm playing on a system built in 2014 (i5 4690k, 16 GB DD3 ram). Only thing improved since build is the video card (currently an nvidia 1660). I play with max settings.
Luziano
Hunter

Re: Mind sharing Your System SPECs if you play theHUNTER in MAX quality and at stable 60FPS?

Post by Luziano »

Deconstructed wrote:It doesn't take much. I'm playing on a system built in 2014 (i5 4690k, 16 GB DD3 ram). Only thing improved since build is the video card (currently an nvidia 1660). I play with max settings.
Cheers mate!
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Luziano wrote:I am about to get a new computer, and wanted to know what should I aim for to get the highest quality possible on theHunter with a stable 60FPS. If you can share your rigs, I'll appreciate it!
As many have said it does not take much, but remember 60fps stable does not mean you won't get stutter. People need to stop thinking fps is the end all be all, you could have a stable 60fps and if something bottle necks cpu side it will still show 60 frames. but you'll have jittery movement.

I personally frame lock my games at 30fps (gives me less stress on system all around), and don't notice any difference from that and 60fps Most eyes see noticeable difference somewhere between the 30 and 60 frame rate, anything past that the eyes can't really notice.

But directly to your question. Anything made in the last 3 or 4 years will do just fine for this and most games in general. As long as you stay up in a good 8 to 16 gigs of ram, and a nice ssd you'll be golden. You have to remember a majority of us played this in 2009, and even some of the best systems then struggled, the tech now is many generations past that now :)
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Im running an old refurbished HP desktop with a 7 year old i7 and an 4 g Nvidea GE force GTX 1050 TI Graphics card with 4 X 4 GB micron ram sticks. Locked at 60 fps and only the shadows turned down to med.
I run the vid card on standard setting.
I have also set the computer power plan on high.
I have my operating system on an 125 gb SSD and all my game files on a 1T HDD.
Runs the game fine. no issues and no frame speed drops.
The same rig runs Call of the wild at between 40 and 50 fps on high, with shadows low and fog off.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I run a better system than is needed for hunting games because I also play two sims that draw a lot on a system. DCS and ACC.

Classic is one of the easiest games to play. My system is 5900X, 32gb ram, 3800 FE vid card,SSD and water cooled. It was top of the line when built by Maingear. Now it's getting older but U don't use VR and it still runs any game. I max out all settings in class and lock my fps on my refresh rate of 144fps. Unlocked it runs a steady 240fps but starts to get a bit hot. Those fps are never needed anyway. In DCS and ACC I lock fps at 80. It will max at 150 run hot. DCS is a real hog. ACC only if I show a lot of cars.

You won't need much of a system to run Classic if it's all you do.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

My rig runs very high demanding new games on the highest settings without much effort, but frequently has FPS bounces or stuttering on Classic in many of the situations that have been noted on the forum (birdshot hitting a surface, larger numbers of animals on the screen at once, somewhat randomly on a couple maps like Hem and PB). This issue has been present throughout my Classic career even though my computer has been upgraded since my starting. Even the most powerful setup won't save you from optimization issues in games. But despite the handful of FPS drops I experience in particular situations, the game runs generally smooth.

i7-8700k
32gb DD4
RTX 2070 Super
2TB SSD
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

My hunting is simple and probably why I don't experience any fps drop or stuttering.

I had problems in WOTH though. That game is a mess.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Asus - ROG STRIX (laptop) 19 inch Win 10
GeForce RTX 4080M
DDR5 (32 GB)
Intel Core i9-13980HX
no disk drive!
2 tb ssd memory
Memory frequency (MHz):
I too have small problems with 2 cards! the same...
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You got all that in a laptop? :)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”