My great Conspiracy theory

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: My great Conspiracy theory

Post by DanthemanBoone »

BCKidd wrote: That is basically it, yep. I do think spawning points change, but I can't confirm that one way or the other. That is how it seems to me tho', so I overcome that by doing things differently. It does seem to work. ;)
BCKidd.
What proof do you need that spawning points change. Now is a good time to test that, we are five days into a new season. Are all your set ups returning the same results they were 5 days ago.
I challenge all players still reading this thread to observe what is happening since this latest season start. are the animals in the same places they were during the last season or have some areas inexplicably become a waste of time.

I have positive proof that they change with the new season, not all species but many definitely do.
At the tail end of one season I had discovered a honey pot for cougars, taking threes and fours in one hunt along a track over a distance of less than a kilometer.
I put up a tent and four tree stands and hunted it four times. then change of season and not one cougar or sign seen and no calls ever heard there again.

So where did they go, back to a previous area that had been deserted a season before.

I have a tower set up from last season that is a water buffalos slaughter house. If I can find the will to hunt again this season will they still be there. I will probably have to move that set up again when I find where they have moved to.

Sure you have to find where they are each season but the incidence of large trophy scores continues to decrease. Yes there are still some big scores out there but finding them is definitely not happening with the same regularity.

Edit
Dont get me wrong. I have some set ups that have been giving great numbers of returns from several seasons back, but the number of big scoring animals from those set ups have steadily decreased. That is where my assessment regarding diminishing trophy animals comes from.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
BCKidd wrote: That is basically it, yep. I do think spawning points change, but I can't confirm that one way or the other. That is how it seems to me tho', so I overcome that by doing things differently. It does seem to work. ;)
BCKidd.
What proof do you need that spawning points change. Now is a good time to test that, we are five days into a new season. Are all your set ups returning the same results they were 5 days ago.
I challenge all players still reading this thread to observe what is happening since this latest season start. are the animals in the same places they were during the last season or have some areas inexplicably become a waste of time.

I have positive proof that they change with the new season, not all species but many definitely do.
At the tail end of one season I had discovered a honey pot for cougars, taking threes and fours in one hunt along a track over a distance of less than a kilometer.
I put up a tent and four tree stands and hunted it four times. then change of season and not one cougar or sign seen and no calls ever heard there again.

So where did they go, back to a previous area that had been deserted a season before.

I have a tower set up from last season that is a water buffalos slaughter house. If I can find the will to hunt again this season will they still be there. I will probably have to move that set up again when I find where they have moved to.

Sure you have to find where they are each season but the incidence of large trophy scores continues to decrease. Yes there are still some big scores out there but finding them is definitely not happening with the same regularity.

Edit
Dont get me wrong. I have some set ups that have been giving great numbers of returns from several seasons back, but the number of big scoring animals from those set ups have steadily decreased. That is where my assessment regarding diminishing trophy animals comes from.
Please explain what you mean when you said we're 5 days into a new season
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

We started a new season on 1st June. New season every 3 months.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Seasons
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Knoeyedea wrote:Please explain what you mean when you said we're 5 days into a new season
As DanthemanBoone said, new seasons start every three months (give or take, sometimes). You may also have noticed the animal charts in some people's "signature widget". You'll see that many at this moment are quite empty, while just a week or two ago they had many animals noted in them. When new season begins, the signature widget is cleared as well.

If you want to add this feature yourself, see this post
: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... et#p349076
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

OldMtnMan wrote:A hot spot for me should stay a hot spot until I over hunt it.

Anyway, I'm done with hunting games. It was fun at first but has become boring. No challenge. Tired of so much killing. You never get that in real hunting.

Cya.
When I started with this game was like that, but never boring and frustrating like now for opposite reason. I remember well my first hunts in the ER, where I could see not single animals, but they came mostly in packs and were everywhere, elk, wolves, moose, all kinds of deer etc. bear numbers was at least 5 times as much as now. In SC for instance, elk came in large herds in the highlands as along the coasts. Now when you're lucky, you can see few lonely, lost animals, wandering as souls in pain in the emptiness of a desolate ER :roll:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

DanthemanBoone wrote:
BCKidd.

Edit
None really- the proof is in the pudding isn't it? ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Kidd............Ok, so you know me better than I do. I can't give up hunting. It's in my blood and if I can't do real hunting anymore I can sure do it in a sim/game. You win.

I had my account deleted when I thought I was quitting. I guess I used OldMtnMan too many times and can't use it anymore Samuel in CS tried but no joy. We did get Old_Mtn_Man working though, so that's my game name now. Starting over again. I need to cut this out and stick to one account. I picked the .300 mag as my only weapon this time. I haven't used it for quite awhile and it has a long list of animals I can use it on.

Cya in the timber.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:Kidd............Ok, so you know me better than I do. I can't give up hunting. It's in my blood and if I can't do real hunting anymore I can sure do it in a sim/game. You win.

I had my account deleted when I thought I was quitting. I guess I used OldMtnMan too many times and can't use it anymore Samuel in CS tried but no joy. We did get Old_Mtn_Man working though, so that's my game name now. Starting over again. I need to cut this out and stick to one account. I picked the .300 mag as my only weapon this time. I haven't used it for quite awhile and it has a long list of animals I can use it on.

Cya in the timber.
:lol: ;) Good to know you didn't walk away. Have fun and enjoy the game. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

BCKidd wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:Kidd............Ok, so you know me better than I do. I can't give up hunting. It's in my blood and if I can't do real hunting anymore I can sure do it in a sim/game. You win.

Cya in the timber.

BCKidd.
Thanks. I knew you wouldn't rub it in.

After hunting for a couple of days on my new account with the .300 mag i've come to a decision. It's way too much gun for deer. Way too easy. I'd rather use a caliber that requires me to make a good shot or could fail or at least require a long track. I think i'll use the .243. It's barely legal in Colorado with the minimum caliber being .240 for deer. It will make it a more challenging fun hunt. I'm thinking of concentrating on deer instead of elk, so this all works out. Getting a free gun and ammo is a nice bonus too. Ok, now that I wrote it down it sounds like a good plan. I'll do it. I'll just put deer in my lodge. I'm going back to when I was a kid and only hunted for deer. :D
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

Cya in the timber.

BCKidd.
Thanks. I knew you wouldn't rub it in.

After hunting for a couple of days on my new account with the .300 mag i've come to a decision. It's way too much gun for deer. Way too easy. I'd rather use a caliber that requires me to make a good shot or could fail or at least require a long track. I think i'll use the .243. It's barely legal in Colorado with the minimum caliber being .240 for deer. It will make it a more challenging fun hunt. I'm thinking of concentrating on deer instead of elk, so this all works out. Getting a free gun and ammo is a nice bonus too. Ok, now that I wrote it down it sounds like a good plan. I'll do it. I'll just put deer in my lodge. I'm going back to when I was a kid and only hunted for deer. :D
Yes, the .243 will make things a bit more challenging, and there are a lot of different deer in the game that it is ethical for. It is also ethical for a few other critters too. Do you like pistols? To make it even more of a challenge use the .357. :lol: :lol:

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “General Chat”