My great Conspiracy theory

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BCKidd

Re: My great Conspiracy theory

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:Don't assume too much Kidd. ;)
I don't. As we both know assuming makes an *.. out of U and Me. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

BCKidd wrote:Here is a thought- change your hunting style. Go a different route then the one you have always taken, explore more of the reserve maps and not jus' where you found success- go where no man has gone. There are places on every map that I can almost gaurantee you haven't been to, so go there. If anyone can say they have explored the entirety of each reserve map, they certainly aren't being truthful.

I will agree that it seems as though a lot of the bigger animals are gone, but could it be that they really aren't and that we are relying on what once was and not what is now. Perhaps routes and technics we have used in the past need to change. The big ones are still there.

I host community comps as most of you know, and with every comp I host folks are finding trophy animals. In all the EW comps folks are winning them, aren't they? SO we cannot say that the animals are no longer present- just that we aren't finding them as easily as perhaps we once did. Is that a bad thing? :? ;)

BCKidd.
I've done that and one time I found it very rewarding. I traveled to a spot on Whitehart I've never been, and it looked promising so I threw up a tree stand. In two trips back to that spot, I've harvested 5 bucks, 1 Roosevelt elk buck, 5 coyotes and 5 tom turkeys, plus does and turkey hens. All in all, very nice.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You got one elk and that's the problem for me. I hunt mostly elk all the time. I see a big difference in the number of elk available. High scoring elk aren't that high on my list. I'm not a trophy hunter.

btw..A male elk is a bull. A deer is a buck. ;)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

BCKidd wrote:Here is a thought- change your hunting style. Go a different route then the one you have always taken, explore more of the reserve maps and not jus' where you found success- go where no man has gone. There are places on every map that I can almost gaurantee you haven't been to, so go there. If anyone can say they have explored the entirety of each reserve map, they certainly aren't being truthful. BCKidd.
I can't understand your statement, why you should change your hunting style, which you have learned and honed over the years, because of empty reserves. It's like your car's tires were slashed, and rather than repairing/changing them, you change your driving style learning to drive on the rims :D It makes no sense. EW is the only one that should be dealing with this bad situation, and resolve it. Otherwise I think they are fine with it.
Today for instance, after two and a half hours spent (wasted) in TT, turning half of the reserve (with one fast travel to change area), just two crooked animals, a wolf 14 and grizzly 16 score. That's how for last years now and worsening more and more. I think that's enough.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

1Al wrote:I can't understand your statement, why you should change your hunting style, which you have learned and honed over the years, because of empty reserves. It's like your car's tires were slashed, and rather than repairing/changing them, you change your driving style learning to drive on the rims :D
Actually, it is more like if someone slashed your tires, you get new tires to drive on. Or, it is really more like if a road you normally travel gets washed out with rains or a flood... you must take a different route to get to your destination.
As BCKidd said, those of us playing his comps are still finding some monsters; there's usually at least one or two submitted each time that makes the rest of us go "Wow!" We aren't all hunting in the same few areas, though. With the comps having time limits as well as attempt limits, if one area isn't producing, we may have to move. There are still "hot spots" and times of day that are better than others, but to rely solely on those isn't always the best thing to do.

Perhaps after all these years, the "hot spots" are being overhunted, so there is less time for the critters there to grow huge. You know, just like in real life. After all, this *is* a hunting simulation, right? ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

A hot spot for me should stay a hot spot until I over hunt it.

Anyway, I'm done with hunting games. It was fun at first but has become boring. No challenge. Tired of so much killing. You never get that in real hunting.

Cya.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Au revoir!
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

OldMtnMan wrote:A hot spot for me should stay a hot spot until I over hunt it.

Anyway, I'm done with hunting games. It was fun at first but has become boring. No challenge. Tired of so much killing. You never get that in real hunting.

Cya.
That's exactly what I meant... maybe the programming figured out that places were being overhunted. After all, we may hunt alone sometimes, but we do all share the same maps. :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

OldMtnMan wrote:A hot spot for me should stay a hot spot until I over hunt it.

Cya.
Really- No challenge? You aren't finding the Elk you want- that is the challenge, go find them. It would be less of a challenge if you found them in every expedition. Which is what it reads to me that you want. So, perhaps no challenge is the wrong verbage, perhaps it should be too much of a challenge. Anyway, we'll see you back here again sometime. ;)

BCKIdd

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

splainin2do wrote:
1Al wrote:I can't understand your statement, why you should change your hunting style, which you have learned and honed over the years, because of empty reserves. It's like your car's tires were slashed, and rather than repairing/changing them, you change your driving style learning to drive on the rims :D
Actually, it is more like if someone slashed your tires, you get new tires to drive on. Or, it is really more like if a road you normally travel gets washed out with rains or a flood... you must take a different route to get to your destination.
Perhaps after all these years, the "hot spots" are being overhunted, so there is less time for the critters there to grow huge. You know, just like in real life. After all, this *is* a hunting simulation, right? ;)
That is basically it, yep. I do think spawning points change, but I can't confirm that one way or the other. That is how it seems to me tho', so I overcome that by doing things differently. It does seem to work. ;)

BCKidd.

Keep it real!

Return to “General Chat”