My great Conspiracy theory

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: My great Conspiracy theory

Post by OldMtnMan »

I've also noticed a big difference in the 2 years i've played Classic. Old hot spots are now dead spots. It's become boring. I don't understand why the devs did this but it's killing the game. Just look at the amount of posts on this forum now. It's by far the slowest forum i'm on now.

I'm ready to go back to racing or DCS. If I wanted a hiking game I would have bought one. Classic is a hunting game. We need animals to hunt.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

OldMtnMan wrote:I've also noticed a big difference in the 2 years i've played Classic. Old hot spots are now dead spots. It's become boring. I don't understand why the devs did this but it's killing the game. Just look at the amount of posts on this forum now. It's by far the slowest forum i'm on now.

I'm ready to go back to racing or DCS. If I wanted a hiking game I would have bought one. Classic is a hunting game. We need animals to hunt.
Some time ago I had jokingly proposed renaming the reserves in a way perhaps a bit spooky, but more realistic to; Timberdead Trails. Hemmeldead, Hirschfeldead, Val-Des-Morts, Settler Dead and so on :D
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Don't forget DeadFeatherFalls.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

I've been reading the forum on a daily basis and this topic disturbs me a bit. I've spent $300 + and I'm wondering if they are maintaining the game as they should or is it now just an after thought. I've been playing almost 2 years, although the last couple of months have been the most time spent playing, and I, too, have noticed the lack of big animals to hunt. Plenty of small scorers, but nothing that jumps out at me.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Knoeyedea wrote:I've been reading the forum on a daily basis and this topic disturbs me a bit. I've spent $300 + and I'm wondering if they are maintaining the game as they should or is it now just an after thought. I've been playing almost 2 years, although the last couple of months have been the most time spent playing, and I, too, have noticed the lack of big animals to hunt. Plenty of small scorers, but nothing that jumps out at me.
I'm disturbed too. In the 2 years i've played Classic i've spent over $1500. I don't like throwing money away.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BuiuRei
Trophy Hunter

Post by BuiuRei »

Money spent in a video game is, by definition, thrown away.
And seriously, I can't say that I think there are less trophy animals, at least subjectively speaking.
Spoiler:
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Knoeyedea wrote:I've been reading the forum on a daily basis and this topic disturbs me a bit. I've spent $300 + and I'm wondering if they are maintaining the game as they should or is it now just an after thought. I've been playing almost 2 years, although the last couple of months have been the most time spent playing, and I, too, have noticed the lack of big animals to hunt. Plenty of small scorers, but nothing that jumps out at me.
If you played tHC in previous years, you would notice much more the difference, for me it's a world of difference now.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I see a big difference in 2 years. I can imagine farther back.

It's not just high scoring animals but the numbers too. I've walked around RFF for 2 hours real time and never saw or heard one elk.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Here is a thought- change your hunting style. Go a different route then the one you have always taken, explore more of the reserve maps and not jus' where you found success- go where no man has gone. There are places on every map that I can almost gaurantee you haven't been to, so go there. If anyone can say they have explored the entirety of each reserve map, they certainly aren't being truthful.

I will agree that it seems as though a lot of the bigger animals are gone, but could it be that they really aren't and that we are relying on what once was and not what is now. Perhaps routes and technics we have used in the past need to change. The big ones are still there.

I host community comps as most of you know, and with every comp I host folks are finding trophy animals. In all the EW comps folks are winning them, aren't they? SO we cannot say that the animals are no longer present- just that we aren't finding them as easily as perhaps we once did. Is that a bad thing? :? ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Don't assume too much Kidd. ;)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”