My great Conspiracy theory

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: My great Conspiracy theory

Post by outrider »

trulight wrote:OMG we so need to add birds now for outrider, he said he really wants em! :P
you do know, that you can go to He** for lying just like you can for stealing........ :lol:
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

outrider wrote:
trulight wrote:OMG we so need to add birds now for outrider, he said he really wants em! :P
you do know, that you can go to He** for lying just like you can for stealing........ :lol:
Sorry what? I got selective reading, I only read what I think I read so I don't know no better! :P
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Typical, just mess with us I guess. Days after posting in this thread. Just took the highest scored Dall Sheep since they were added to the game: https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/deco ... /942277625
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Where were you able to confirm it was the biggest ever taken. Is there somewhere on the site that holds that information?
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Where were you able to confirm it was the biggest ever taken. Is there somewhere on the site that holds that information?
The leaderboards have a hall of fame tab which shows the top animal taken in each season. I simply checked them all back to before Dall were in the game.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Ah yes, I was able to find it.
I thought it might have helped to confirm or debunk my supposition, but after looking at it and thinking I realised it can only tell the biggest animal shot in any season. And there is no way that would indicate whether or not there were numbers of similar sized trophies harvested in the same season.
Then of course it could always be argued that when the top animals in any seasons fell below the expected high, the reason would be that though there were bigger animals there, they were not seen and harvested by any player.
Another dead end I suppose.
Still the myth is not busted yet.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

Deconstructed wrote:
DanthemanBoone wrote:Where were you able to confirm it was the biggest ever taken. Is there somewhere on the site that holds that information?
The leaderboards have a hall of fame tab which shows the top animal taken in each season. I simply checked them all back to before Dall were in the game.
The wiki also has a table of the all time high scores.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Anima ... est_Scores
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Bonedigger777 wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:
The wiki also has a table of the all time high scores.
https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Anima ... est_Scores
Glad to put it out of date. Hoo you have work to do. ;) :D
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Well fair enough I guess. But to be fair, I don't really mind a higher rarity. It makes getting them good ones more rewarding. I prefer realism personally and from what I've heard, high scores are much rarer in reality. I therefore don't complain about not having 170+ whitetails on a regular basis. And the gms I do make are enough to pay for my ammo. Which is the only consumable I use and can happily scrape by. Anything else such as guns and equipment I just pay for and say screw it. I would have preferred to use in game currency though. But I'd rather this than having to pay a regular subscription fee. It'd mean having a fixed cost regardless of how much I use the game.

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

HooCairs wrote:
trulight wrote:Personally I've had to change from my old playstyle after coming back after a while. The way I used to hunt is no longer as effective. Mainly because I feel the populations in general are a lot more sparse, as well as reduction of big animals.
Would be interesting to hear how you played before, and how you play now. :)
The number of animals seems to have been decreased every time a new animal was added to the same reserve. The only reserve that could easily take more animals without any changes to the exiting numbers, is Redfeather Falls. I would love to see a bird there, such as Turkey or a North American grouse type (copy and paste wood grouse to what ever type is closest ;)).
The animals in the whole ER was dramatically decreased in the last years, for numbers and score. Probably after the PB reserve addition. For instance, when I started playing tHC in early 2017 my playstyle was very elementary, I placed a ground blind anywhere, every few minutes I could see many animals go around my location, with high score too. In two hours (real time) of hunting I could capture between 10/20 animals on average (depending on the reserve) remaining still in the same spot. As inexperienced beginner I was able to capture much more animals than today by turning a reserve entirely. If I now place a ground blind or tripod stand in the same (or other) spots, or I use one already permanently there, after two hours very often happens you can't see go around not even a single animal. I've been reporting this big issue for years now. Lately I haven't been playing around much the game, precisely because I'm tired of this now permanent situation, totally ignored by EW staff.

Return to “General Chat”