My great Conspiracy theory

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: My great Conspiracy theory

Post by OldMtnMan »

I bought a 44 mag once to go hunting with. I messed with it for a couple of years, but it wasn't my thing. I like a Hawken for hunting big game. I wish Classic had a better Hawken.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

1Al wrote:
HooCairs wrote:
trulight wrote:Personally I've had to change from my old playstyle after coming back after a while. The way I used to hunt is no longer as effective. Mainly because I feel the populations in general are a lot more sparse, as well as reduction of big animals.
Would be interesting to hear how you played before, and how you play now. :)
The number of animals seems to have been decreased every time a new animal was added to the same reserve. The only reserve that could easily take more animals without any changes to the exiting numbers, is Redfeather Falls. I would love to see a bird there, such as Turkey or a North American grouse type (copy and paste wood grouse to what ever type is closest ;)).
The animals in the whole ER was dramatically decreased in the last years, for numbers and score. Probably after the PB reserve addition. For instance, when I started playing tHC in early 2017 my playstyle was very elementary, I placed a ground blind anywhere, every few minutes I could see many animals go around my location, with high score too. In two hours (real time) of hunting I could capture between 10/20 animals on average (depending on the reserve) remaining still in the same spot. As inexperienced beginner I was able to capture much more animals than today by turning a reserve entirely. If I now place a ground blind or tripod stand in the same (or other) spots, or I use one already permanently there, after two hours very often happens you can't see go around not even a single animal. I've been reporting this big issue for years now. Lately I haven't been playing around much the game, precisely because I'm tired of this now permanent situation, totally ignored by EW staff.
Counts were reduced when it went to free to play.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

The devs still claim nothing has changed. I've only been in Classic for 2 1/2 years and I see a big difference.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”