Favorite Reserves To Hunt Every Day

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Favorite Reserves To Hunt Every Day

Post by JimboCrow »

I'm still doing my Daily Missions every day, so sometimes I need to hunt on a reserve or for a species that I don't care as much for as others. This has made me realize just how little I currently enjoy hunting on certain reserves, and that certain species don't interest me as much anymore. I'm still working on a list of species in the order I like to hunt them, but here's a list of the reserves I prefer to hunt daily, in order of most to least. This list is definitely influenced by which species the reserves hold, maybe as much or even more than the terrain, or certain features that interest me; it is only a list of the reserves as I currently prefer them to do my Daily Mission on. The list has changed from time to time, and will certainly change again, but this is current. I enjoy hunting on all reserves, but some, well..., not so much. It might actually be more accurate if I had presented this as a list of the reserves I like to hunt the least on every day rather than the most.... :?

How does this list compare to the reserves you folks currently enjoy hunting on every day? Good hunting to all!! Jimbo. ;)

1. Val-des-Bois
2. Settler Creeks
3. Whitehart Island
4. Timbergold Trails
5. Redfeather Falls
6. Hemmeldal
7. Rougarou Bayou
8. Whiterime Ridge
9. Hirschfelden
10. Logger’s Point
11. Bushrangers Run
12. Piccabeen Bay
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Re: Favorite Reserves To Hunt Every Day

Post by outrider »

1; Redfeather Falls
2;Whitehart Island
3; Logger's Point
4; Whiterime Ridge

and the rest, when i'm in the mode.... :D
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

If I had to pick just one map to hunt from now on exclusively it would be RFF. So, that's about what I do and at some point it will be done exclusively. I really don't like any other map.

Is it a map to win comps on. Not at all but I don't really care. Enjoying the hunt is more important to me that winning a trophy that I don't really want. Hunting isn't winning anything. It's the challenge and enjoyment of the hunt.

At least for me it is.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

I think that each reserve in the EHR has it's own "beauty" as far as the terrain, virtual forests with the variety of plant foliage and natural ground cover, dynamic rivers and creeks, ponds and lakes, and I must say EV and the Staff of The Hunter Classic have done a fantastic job in creating the Classic game. :D

I must admit I have some issues of crashes and locking up with some of the larger reserves such as Val-de-Bois, Timbergold Trails, Piccabeen Bay and Whiterime Ridge and it's probably due to my video card, Nvidia GTX 660, which I think is listed at the bottom of the chart when it comes to the specs of running the game.
Sometimes I luck out and I'm able to play for a few hours with no problems on those reserves listed but very often I experience lock-ups within an hour of game time. Kind of makes it difficult to enjoy and I'm limited when it comes to entering some of the competitions and when doing daily missions on the larger reserves it can definitely be a real challenge! :?

I truly love all the reserves in EHR, and selecting a favorite is a tough one.
It really depends on what game species I choose to hunt.

Most often:
Whitehart Island
Settler Creeks
Rougarou Bayou
Hirschfelden
Redfeather Falls
Hemmeldal
Loggers Point

then:
Timbergold Trails
Val-des-Bois
Bushrangers Run
Piccabeen Bay
lastly, Whiterime Ridge
Spoiler:
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

For me :

1)Val-des-Bois
2)Whitehart Island
3)Hirschfelden
...Lastly :
Timbergold Trails
Hemmeldal
Piccabeen Bay

the middle and end of the list is not objective!
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

I tend to enjoy "difficult maps" since I like making things unneccesary hard for my own pure enjoyment. That being said:

1. Settlers Creek (Bowhunting black bear with the recurve (and NO barrel of course) here is as hard as this game can get) AND stalking turkey from the ground....
2. Val Des Bois (Bowhunting Ibex with the recurve is just lovely)
3. Bushrangers Run (Bowhunting goats with the recurve and no feeder is a challenge)
4. Whiterime Ridge (Bowhunting Dall Sheep)
5. Timbergold Trails (Bowhunting Bighorn sheep)

That being said, the map I usually play the most is Hirschfelden. I just love hunting wild board, its a relaxing experience.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

This has changed over time as the game has changed. I'm just going to split this into 3 groups.

Like to hunt

Bushrangers Run
Hirschfelden
Whiterime Ridge
Timbergold Trails
Val-des-Bois

It's okay to hunt

Logger’s Point
Piccabeen Bay
Whitehart Island
Redfeather Falls
Hemmeldal

Eww, I hate it here

Settler Creeks
Rougarou Bayou
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Why does everyone dislike Piccabeen Bay so much. Its probably the map I hunt The most. Only the Magpie geese fail to excite me.
Next would be Hirschfeldon, probably because Red Deer and Wild Boars (although more accurately feral crosses) and Fallow are the animals I have hunted most in real life.
Only settlers creek is really on the bottom of my list. It has deteriorated so much in terms of animal numbers and trophy bucks that I cant be bothered any more. I can get everything there easier on other maps.
But then I dont hunt every day, and sometimes less than once a week unless a comp tickles my fancy.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

My favorite maps to hunt in order:

Whitehart Island
Picabeen Bay (it would be my favorite if it didn't have those stupid hogs)
Rougaroo Bayou (for the duck hunting)
Timbergold Trails
Val des Bois
Bushrangers Run
Hirschfelden
Logger's Point
Whiterime Ridge
Redfeather Falls
Hemmeldal
Settler Creeks
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Why does everyone dislike Piccabeen Bay so much. Its probably the map I hunt The most. Only the Magpie geese fail to excite me.
Next would be Hirschfeldon, probably because Red Deer and Wild Boars (although more accurately feral crosses) and Fallow are the animals I have hunted most in real life.
Only settlers creek is really on the bottom of my list. It has deteriorated so much in terms of animal numbers and trophy bucks that I cant be bothered any more. I can get everything there easier on other maps.
But then I dont hunt every day, and sometimes less than once a week unless a comp tickles my fancy.
Hey Dan!! How ya goin' mate?? Great to hear from you!! :P

The problem with Piccabeen is there's really only one species I enjoy hunting there: Sambar of course. (Rusa is just Sambar light, so a bit of a letdown. Kind of like Muley and Whitetail together on Logger's. Meh.) Water Buffalo and Banteng are just not worth hunting. Neither is much of a challenge, except for maybe Banteng with a bow; and there's just not that much of a thrill in it, even after you bag a monster. And Feral Hogs?? Meh. (Shoutout to Bonedigger777!! :lol:) I wish they could add something else. You should give them a few suggestions!!!! Maybe they're looking for a new species, and Piccabeen could use the bump! Maybe even Axis Deer!? 8-)

The terrain is great, but there should be literally hundreds of creeks flowing down out of the mountains into the river, a truly unique and outstanding feature. And the vegetation should be more dense, super dense, like the movie Predator!! That would be more realistic, and much more exciting!! That's why I like Settler's so much. Hunting bears with a recurve on Settler's is a godsend. (Shoutout to Luziano!! NO BAIT!! :lol:) You're right about high scoring elk, for sure, they've completely disappeared :(, but decent Whitetail are still there in good numbers. I get 170's not infrequently, and 180's occasionally, as it should be. Feral Hogs?? Yeah, still meh.

Let's get together and do another Magpie & Sambar hunt Dan!! I know you don't like those flying dinosaurs, but we can share a few laughs and you can tell me some more stories. You have great stories!! :) You can fill your Magpie tag and I can fill my Sambar tag. :lol: Talk to you soon buddy!! I'll PM you about that hunt eh?!! Jimbo :D
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.

Return to “General Chat”