Favorite Reserves To Hunt Every Day

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Favorite Reserves To Hunt Every Day

Post by OldMtnMan »

A question for you guys. Whitehart is very popular on your lists. What is it that you like about it so much?

Thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

OldMtnMan wrote:A question for you guys. Whitehart is very popular on your lists. What is it that you like about it so much?

Thanks.
There are several things that make it my favorite.
I like hunting the big game available, Whitetail, Blacktail, Roosevelt Elk.
I spent most of my first month playing the game on Whitehart and have many fond memories of it as I was learning the ins and outs of the game.
I like the fact that you can literally crawl from one end of the map to the other without ever getting attacked by some stupid hog or bear, etc. In other words, you can stalk everything without having to worry about surprising an aggressive animal in the process.
And I like the vegetation.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I agree about the predators. They become a pain when trying to sneak in. I agree about the deer and elk too.

I'm not fond of the jungle like terrain. I like the openness between trees of RFF better. I can see what i'm sneaking up on but there's still enough to hide behind.

Can't have it all in one map.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

OldMtnMan wrote:A question for you guys. Whitehart is very popular on your lists. What is it that you like about it so much?

Thanks.
OldMtnMan wrote:I'm not fond of the jungle like terrain. I like the openness between trees of RFF better. I can see what i'm sneaking up on but there's still enough to hide behind.

Can't have it all in one map.
Hey Pete!! ;) To start with, Whitehart is just a beautiful map. It was the first map and 15 years later it still holds up. Incredible. :shock: It's a beautiful place to hunt Turkeys, Rooseys, Blacktail, and Coyotes, and it tops it off with the best Whitetail hunting in the game. Beautiful coastlines, a great inland lake, and that wonderful transition between the islands. Top to bottom it's a new vista every 500 meters. It set the standard for every map that followed, and wow, what a standard!!

Thank you to the developers!! It is a testament to them how different the opinions are about each map. There is always something for someone that makes a particular map special to them. And every single reserve is an absolute favorite to someone, and a constant struggle to even hunt for someone else; that says a lot about the work of the creators. Well done folks!! We are extremely grateful, and lucky to have every map in the game!! Merci!!
Last edited by JimboCrow on April 16th, 2023, 11:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Thanks.
Hunting Mule Deer there. ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Deconstructed wrote:

Thanks.
I wish mule deer were there. Then I wouldn't have to put up with the mental grizzlies on TGT. I could go to Loggers but not a favorite either.

RFF is really my favorite. I just wish it had a few more animals with better scores.

Not sure if it's my imagination but it seems like if I have a good spawn one day. The next day is a really bad spawn. It makes it hard to stay on just one map.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

OldMtnMan wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:

Thanks.
I wish mule deer were there. Then I wouldn't have to put up with the mental grizzlies on TGT. I could go to Loggers but not a favorite either.

RFF is really my favorite. I just wish it had a few more animals with better scores.

Not sure if it's my imagination but it seems like if I have a good spawn one day. The next day is a really bad spawn. It makes it hard to stay on just one map.
They did used to be there a long time ago. Hence the wink. ;) :D
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Oh, ok. I forgot that. I remember Hoo talking about it in one of his videos.

Still, since I mentioned it. I wish they'd calm down the grizzlies. The real bears aren't that aggressive.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

What map do you guys like best for whitetails?

It was the first deer I hunted as a kid in Mass growing up. I think i'll put in some time hunting them but unsure what map(s) are best.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

OldMtnMan wrote:What map do you guys like best for whitetails?

It was the first deer I hunted as a kid in Mass growing up. I think i'll put in some time hunting them but unsure what map(s) are best.
Hey Pete. On Whitehart the bottom half of the upper island and throughout the lower island is Whitetail paradise. On Redfeather from Darkwood Lodge along Tower 5 and 6 and then southwest toward Tower 1. The western marshes are also good.

Return to “General Chat”