How To Aim Correctly

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Modifly1
Tracker

Re: How To Aim Correctly

Post by Modifly1 »

Good to know. I'm kinda safe on my 8mm perch so I'mma get adventurous and try some of these other rifles.

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Deconstructed wrote:
Modifly1 wrote: One other thing by the way, I took a shot on a Moose with my Kar98 and didn't realise how far off I was. I took a shot from 244 metres which meant my bullet when rather low. Very low. It hit the leg.
I knew I had this somewhere. When you figure out that bullet drop good things can happen.

Gotta ask out of interest, roughly how many inches above the target did you aim approximately?

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Uh, yeah I can't give a great guestimate from 244 metres but I do know I was aiming just above half way above the body so technically I wasn't aiming above the animal. but I do know that aiming 'slightly' high is just not sufficient. It's 100% gotta be above the target from what I can gather. Probably wasn't more than 6 inches above where I would normally aim.
A chart I constructed would suggest in reality a drop of about 11.1 inches at that distance but I understand this game doesn't use necessarily the correct charts.

I'm glad I haven't had to post on this topic for a while as my latest shots have been perfect. One of my shots did drift further right than I would have liked though. A shot that could have gone wrong. Out of interest, is windage a factor of bullets in this game? Either that or my character wobbled the scope last second.

Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

I don't get why they haven't got zeroing on the game. I mean the Kar98 ZF-39 scope had range increments on it in 50m steps. Would at least help.

ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

Did the Fallow mission 4 or 5 times in Summer Fiesta, was aiming where X is each time.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

When shooing animals. Holding about there isn't good enough. No it isn't. It needs to be more precise or you just wound the animals.

BDC or mil-dot scopes and tons of practice on a range is the answer. Not guessing.

Yes, windage is just as important as elevation.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:When shooing animals. Holding about there isn't good enough. No it isn't. It needs to be more precise or you just wound the animals.

BDC or mil-dot scopes and tons of practice on a range is the answer. Not guessing.

Yes, windage is just as important as elevation.
What's that got to do with the game?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ogruls..........The topic is aiming. Did you miss that?

btw..I was never talking to you but to the OP.
Last edited by OldMtnMan on September 6th, 2023, 2:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
InvisibleFlame9
Hunter

Post by InvisibleFlame9 »

Modifly1 wrote:I don't get why they haven't got zeroing on the game. I mean the Kar98 ZF-39 scope had range increments on it in 50m steps. Would at least help.
On my old laptop, I used to play Deer Hunter 2005. Good game for its time! There is zeroing on there. It didn't make a difference to me.

But classic has something other games don't. Do you know what that is? Missions and comps. The heart of this game. Do you think comps would work if everyone could zero their weapons however they like?
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

OldMtnMan wrote:Ogruls..........The topic is aiming. Did you miss that?

btw..I was never talking to you but to the OP.
No didn't miss it Pete went to first post........."Hello all, I have been playing for some time now...."
No worries.

Return to “General Chat”