anyone else had this problem with snow goose in multiplayer?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
smiledmeteor443

anyone else had this problem with snow goose in multiplayer?

Post by smiledmeteor443 »

hi guys, i have a full decoy spread for snow goose. I hunted them a lot in last few weeks; everything works great, location, decoys, callers ( flocks break very often). Last couple of days i wanted to help a friend by allowing him to use my setup in multiplayer to complete his snow goose mission pack. So i created a multiplayer game and he joined me 1 minute later, we were shooting together from one blind for about 30 min, again, lots of geese down, flocks breaking often. Then i decided to leave him alone and fast travel to lodge to hunt somewhere else in the same session for other animals, hoping he could finish his missions ( he has his own 2 callers, both long and short range). Thats when we noticed a problem, the moment i fast traveled, flocks stopped braking, we waited, waited, he said flocks were flying right above often, not breaking at all, we were patient and waited at least 30min, about 15 flocks flew nearby, not even one goose broke during that time. We thought that was weird and wondered if thats because host is not nearby. so after about 30-40 min i came back to my friend who was still in the blind, this time we tried to call geese together again, but all flocks were ignoring us for next 30 min. We thought the session was bugged so i created new one and we basically did exactly the same thing as the first time, hunting together from one blind from the very begining for 30 min, ( worth to mention, only my friend wa using callers this time) and 90% of all flocks were breaking, i traveled to lodge and no landing geese whatsoever. we reprodused the scenerio for the third time, same results. Any thoughts/suggestions pls? or should i report a bug? thanks
xOEDragonx

Re: anyone else had this problem with snow goose in multiplayer?

Post by xOEDragonx »

I've done quite a bit of waterfowl hunting in this game. It's probably my favorite thing in the game. Most of that time I have spent hosting for other people since I have large setups for all the species. In my experience, if the host is not at the waterfowl setup, the other hunters will have little to no success no matter how long they stay there. Either birds won't fly over, or they'll hardly break. Now I do know for certain that they DO break without the host being present, but it seems unlikely.

Meanwhile as the host elsewhere on the map, I will hear flocks of birds fly over me constantly. I don't know if the host has a specific draw to them that triggers birds to spawn/break in their area or what, but your observations are the same as mine. It has been like this for the 6.5 years I have been playing the game. I have never seen it reported as a bug but it is probably one. Nowadays I generally don't host a waterfowl hunt unless I plan to be in the blind for exactly this reason.

That said, some other things to consider would be does your buddy have the callers? And is his stance set to run? If you have the callers and he doesn't, that can make it even more difficult for him in an already difficult situation. And while I have zero proof, I swear birds rarely seem to break if your character is set to run. And if your character is set to run, you have a flock flying over, and you switch to a walk, birds will often break in an instant whether you're moving or not, or in the blind or not. Like I said, I have no proof to that last claim. That has just been my anecdotal experience.
smiledmeteor443

thanks for your insight, I appreciate that, especially from someone who used to host those MP over the years. That was my first time hosting waterfowl hunting really so I was curious if that was just me.

My friend used his own caller, he has both and he said he wasnt in run mode for sure.

In our case birds were flying over the setup constantly, just didnt break at all. It must be an old bug then, otherwise it just doesnt make any sense, why would full decoy spread be useless to other players without a host right next to it.

Maybe i should then report that as a bug and see what the response would be?
ogruls
Outfitter

Post by ogruls »

smiledmeteor443 wrote:thanks for your insight, I appreciate that, especially from someone who used to host those MP over the years. That was my first time hosting waterfowl hunting really so I was curious if that was just me.

My friend used his own caller, he has both and he said he wasnt in run mode for sure.

In our case birds were flying over the setup constantly, just didnt break at all. It must be an old bug then, otherwise it just doesnt make any sense, why would full decoy spread be useless to other players without a host right next to it.

When you get the no break bug in MP where you the host are present at setup, end the game ,in the game launcher clear game and launcher cache then start a new game, usually gets rid of it for a while.
smiledmeteor443

ogruls wrote:
smiledmeteor443 wrote:thanks for your insight, I appreciate that, especially from someone who used to host those MP over the years. That was my first time hosting waterfowl hunting really so I was curious if that was just me.

When you get the no break bug in MP where you the host are present at setup, end the game ,in the game launcher clear game and launcher cache then start a new game, usually gets rid of it for a while.

good to know, I will try it next time, thanks
Kinarr
Tracker

Post by Kinarr »

ogruls wrote: When you get the no break bug in MP where you, the host are present at setup, end the game. In the game launcher clear game and launcher cache then start a new game, usually gets rid of it for a while.
I confirm this bug exists and this fix works.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”