weapon of choice

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: weapon of choice

Post by OldMtnMan »

I thought my above post would get some comments. I guess not. Ok, I get it. I'll keep stuff like this to myself from now on.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

OldMtnMan wrote:I thought my above post would get some comments. I guess not. Ok, I get it. I'll keep stuff like this to myself from now on.
Keep posting Pete, it is interesting to read your history and see your struggle in trying to get this game to fit your hunting style.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

jttoo wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:I thought my above post would get some comments. I guess not. Ok, I get it. I'll keep stuff like this to myself from now on.
Keep posting Pete, it is interesting to read your history and see your struggle in trying to get this game to fit your hunting style.
Thank you for the post.

Not many feel like you do. I'll stick to game stuff.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Well, I just blew it. While laying prone and pointed to the right. A bull appeared to the left. I shouldered the gun and started to slide it to the left. half way there I put too much pressure on the left mouse button and shot a tree. There goes my 100% hit percentage. I'm fed up with myself. What a knothead.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Send a message to doc, tell him you shot the tree deliberately and that your record should remain at 100%.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

The only way I can ever see anyone keeping 100% is if they kill only one animal. Got to appreciate some folks' desire to be that guy/gal who gets 100% and keeps it that way throughout their time playin' this game. Good luck to anyone who attempts and succeeds in that. ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I've made it as high as 160 hit-kills with the 30R. Then I made another bonehead move. I still think I can make it to 500. Maybe even 1000 but it will take me 1000% focus.

That account is deleted. I think i'm going to start a new account with a new name and not tell anybody what the name is. If I make it good, and if I don't, nobody has to hear about it or see it.

I'll stay as this name on this forum and Steam forum but if someone looks to see my game stats they won't find anything. If I can finally say I did it and someone doesn't believe me I can give them my game name to prove it but i'm not really doing it to prove something. It's a personal goal.

Now if I can find a new name that isn't already taken. That's a challenge in itself.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

OldMtnMan wrote:That account is deleted
Pete, have you ever contacted Support to see if there is a way to credit a new account with the EMs purchased on a previous account, if they make the transfer while deleting the previous account?
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I answered your post jttoo but it disappeared. Basically, I said They did help me with ems a couple of times but I don't want it anymore. It's not their fault I keep asking for my account to be closed. I'd really like this to be the last time.

I started this account with the .340 and killed a few deer. I don't want to do that anymore. Elk are too easy to kill in game and the .340 makes it even easier. I've never concentrated on deer hunting and I think i'm going to do that. Instead of buying a gun for it i'm going to use the .243 for a little extra challenge. An added bonus is a free gun and ammo. That's good.

My hearing is sensitive after shooting so many guns all my life. The .340 is loud as are a lot of the guns in game. They make my ears ring for two days after using them. So loud sometimes I can't get to sleep. The .243 has a nice mellow sound and shouldn't make my ears ring.

What's the max range the .243 can get a double lung shot? I've never used it to hunt before. Now, it's all i'll use. Quite a change. I need to learn the gun. I'll go to the RFF range and see how it penetrates. Another good thing is there's more comps for deer.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Be prepared for some long chases using the 243. Any trophy scoring deer you shoot with it has the potential run like dysentery. Likewise, not in a straight line ,but all over the place.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”