EMS

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Knoeyedea

EMS

Post by Knoeyedea »

Another question for you fellow hunters. Up to this point, I've strictly used GMS to purchase various items. I'm thinking of purchasing EMS now. What's the general consensus?
splainin2do
Outfitter

Re: EMS

Post by splainin2do »

EM$ are how the bills get paid to keep the servers running and to allow the developers to buy lunch once in a while.

One 500 em$ purchase is about the same price as one hamburger and will help keep one developer from going hungry for one day. :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

EMS is the only way I buy anything. If you like the game you should support it.

GMS reminds me of welfare. Why work if they don't have to.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

If you like something, support it.

GMs are nice, it's fun to try to earn them through killing big animals and completing missions. That said, they're the slow trickling money they're intended to be. It would be very difficult to get all of the equipment that makes this game the most enjoyable it could be only using free GMs-- although it's certainly not impossible. But free doesn't keep the lights on.

EMs are a way for you to support the game and devs while obtaining the equipment you want or need. I always keep at least a handful of EMs on my account at all times in case I want to taxidermy something (way cheaper to use EMs than GMs for this!) or if something I really want goes on sale. At this point I own every weapon available (minus some of the variations) and I can probably count on one hand how many I actually paid full price for. Shop the sales and buy bundles if you can. Sales tend to change every week and they usually have bigger sales around events and holidays. Bundles cost a bit more but usually offer a big discount on a lot of equipment. These two things let you support the game while getting the most for your money.

I also recommend the Unlimited Ammo subscription, I buy it each year. This game used to survive on subscriptions and when it went free to play, the subscriptions left and so did the convenient free ammo. That subscription offers a major convenience in not having to constantly buy ammo, and maybe more importantly, it frees up your GMs for other little purchases through the year. I like it and recommend it, but I know it's not for everybody.

As you kill animals, you'll be able to compete in in-game competitions that offer small EMs prizes. Or you could join us in the "Competitions" section of this very forum for a chance to make some new friends and try your hand at earning some bigger EMs prizes. But in the meantime, go ahead and hit that buy button. Get the equipment you're interested in and enjoy the game in whatever way you see fit. I recommend a more versatile rifle (like the .300), the backpack capacity upgrade, a tent you can carry around, and a bow/crossbow for quick and silent killing.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

Not once did it cross my mind that I would be helping the game and the developers by buying em$. Thanks for the insight. I'll definitely be spending some money coz I do like this game.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Knoeyedea wrote:Not once did it cross my mind that I would be helping the game and the developers by buying em$. Thanks for the insight. I'll definitely be spending some money coz I do like this game.
If you think about it. How else do they make any money?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

xOEDragonx wrote:If you like something, support it.

GMs are nice, it's fun to try to earn them through killing big animals and completing missions. That said, they're the slow trickling money they're intended to be. It would be very difficult to get all of the equipment that makes this game the most enjoyable it could be only using free GMs-- although it's certainly not impossible. But free doesn't keep the lights on.

EMs are a way for you to support the game and devs while obtaining the equipment you want or need. I always keep at least a handful of EMs on my account at all times in case I want to taxidermy something (way cheaper to use EMs than GMs for this!) or if something I really want goes on sale. At this point I own every weapon available (minus some of the variations) and I can probably count on one hand how many I actually paid full price for. Shop the sales and buy bundles if you can. Sales tend to change every week and they usually have bigger sales around events and holidays. Bundles cost a bit more but usually offer a big discount on a lot of equipment. These two things let you support the game while getting the most for your money.

I also recommend the Unlimited Ammo subscription, I buy it each year. This game used to survive on subscriptions and when it went free to play, the subscriptions left and so did the convenient free ammo. That subscription offers a major convenience in not having to constantly buy ammo, and maybe more importantly, it frees up your GMs for other little purchases through the year. I like it and recommend it, but I know it's not for everybody.

As you kill animals, you'll be able to compete in in-game competitions that offer small EMs prizes. Or you could join us in the "Competitions" section of this very forum for a chance to make some new friends and try your hand at earning some bigger EMs prizes. But in the meantime, go ahead and hit that buy button. Get the equipment you're interested in and enjoy the game in whatever way you see fit. I recommend a more versatile rifle (like the .300), the backpack capacity upgrade, a tent you can carry around, and a bow/crossbow for quick and silent killing.
how do I purchase unlimited ammo subscription?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Knoeyedea wrote:how do I purchase unlimited ammo subscription?
It's an item in the store, under the "Services" section.
Knoeyedea

Post by Knoeyedea »

xOEDragonx wrote:
Thanks and one more question if you please. I tried to fast travel to one of my tent sites that I just purchased, but I don't have enough camping supplies. What are those and how do I obtain them?
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Knoeyedea wrote:
xOEDragonx wrote:
Thanks and one more question if you please. I tried to fast travel to one of my tent sites that I just purchased, but I don't have enough camping supplies. What are those and how do I obtain them?
Camping supplies are under Equipment and Consumables in the store.
*Hint* - your best deal is to buy the 15 pack. When you carry camping supplies to use, they take up space. If you buy the largest camping supply package, you'll have less room for ammo, callers and such, even if you only have 1 camping supply unit left. ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “General Chat”