EMS

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: EMS

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Check your Payment History. I've totaled up almost $600 over 11 years. Don't know if that's average.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Deleted.

That was too close to bragging. I try to avoid that.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

no problem Pete, despite the silences I read EVERYTHING you write and it's very interesting! but I haven't had the answer let alone a solution for some time! except the claim of some but rare!
Sincerely Pat.
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

This game has been around for 14 years(!!!). For many of those years it was based on a subscription model; I don't recall how much that was, but I think it was the equivalent of 5000 em$/year. Then, there was still all the different equipment and things you could purchase in addition to a subscription....

Many long time players have easily invested hundreds or even thousands of dollars ($1 = about 100 em$) over their time playing... and of those I've talked with, none have seemed to regret it. :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I don't regret it. I just regret the way I did it. Had I just stuck with my first account. I would have all the guns and gear for what I spent. Being stupid by starting new accounts all the time I certainly didn't get my monies worth for what I spent. I only have one gun, one scope, 5 tents and a few items for spending way past the $1000 mark. Not a smart move but it was my decision and I don't regret it.

How much is each smile that Classic puts on my face worth?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

splainin2do wrote:This game has been around for 14 years(!!!). For many of those years it was based on a subscription model; I don't recall how much that was, but I think it was the equivalent of 5000 em$/year. Then, there was still all the different equipment and things you could purchase in addition to a subscription....
When I started around year six, the normal subscriptions were in place. It was the equivalent of $35 USD a year for an annual subscription. There were some starter packages you could get though that came with different lengths of subscriptions and some equipment. The first subscription I ever bought was the "Trailblazer Package" for $50 USD which came with a one year subscription and a bunch of different gear. That's where I got my .300, .357, .44, snakebite, plinkington... there was a bunch of stuff that I don't really even remember now. Each year after that, I just bought the normal annual subscription and bought Em$ as needed. Also when I first started there were some ad/survey things you could do that -sometimes- paid out petty amounts of Em$. I think I earned enough through those to get my first ever canada goose setup, but they were removed from the launcher shortly after because they were unreliable.

I also remember a time where they offered limited time "special deals" on equipment and Em$. One deal I remember was buy $20 worth of Em$, get a free tower. $35 Em$ gave two towers and $50 Em$ gave three towers. There was also a deal once where if you bought $20 worth of Em$, they threw in a free scenthound. It'd be cool to see the return of those limited time deals.

Prior to my time in the EHR, I think subscriptions may have worked differently? I believe at one point early on, the original game company that owned the title was going under and they were offering lifetime subscriptions for $100+ USD. Someone with more time on the ground in the game would have to verify that and tell you the real history though.

I've bought subscriptions, Em$ for myself, some for forum competitions, and many to give to friends. Not as many as some, but more than others, and I don't regret a penny of it. I'm not sure a could put a dollar value on a game that I have... 3,759 hours invested in. Pretty sure no matter how much I've spent or will spend, if the game shut off tomorrow, I got my money's worth. Even if it was just for all the friends and memories I've made through this game and this forum.
jttoo
Hunter

Post by jttoo »

Pete, do some missions and earn some GMs to help equip yourself.

It can be very satisfying completing some of the harder missions. Not sure if you have ever tried any of the mission packs, but I find them enjoyable.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

No, I never did missions. It seemed I always needed to buy weapons I had no interest in to do all the missions. I'm a stubborn old coot and don't like to be forced to do something. So, I always passed on missions.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”