'No Trophies To Display'

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Modifly1
Tracker

'No Trophies To Display'

Post by Modifly1 »

Hello all,

I normally don't invest much money into the game other than for firearms such as my Mauser 98. But for a change I thought I'd taxidermize my first animal. In this case it was a red deer from Hirschfelden. I was within the 'freeze' time whereby the option came up and so I clicked it and purchased it using ems. That was a few hours ago. However when I go to the 'trophies' section, the game is adamant I have 'no trophies to display'. I don't currently have any lodges to show them in but surely I can still taxidermize them to display later?

When I check my purchase history it says 'Delayed'. So does that mean it will wait for when I purchase a lodge?

-Thanks

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: 'No Trophies To Display'

Post by DanthemanBoone »

You can Taxidermize in game or after you leave a game. If you do it after you leave from the game it will be classed as delayed. There is no difference in as much as the trophy will be recorded, and will be available to mount in the lodge even if you don't yet have a lodge. Having no Trophies to display is the obvious situation if you don't yet have a lodge, (I.E no lodge = no display) but they will all be there when you do finally get a lodge.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

The trophy page on your profile is only for displaying actual trophies that you win from competitions and events. As in medal trophies and ribbons, not animals. To display your taxidermy animals, you need to buy a trophy lodge. You will then be able to place your animal in the trophy lodge, visit the lodge in-game, and see your actual animal in it's 3D model in the lodge.

If you want to experience a trophy lodge without buying one right away, join some random multiplayer games. You can access the trophy lodges of any player in that particular game by walking up to a building you spawn at (don't join at a tent), clicking on the door and choosing something along the lines of "view other players lodges." You can enter their lodge if they have one and walk around.

There are three different trophy lodges. Each one looks different and they each offer a different amount of spaces that can only be used by certain animals. Visit THIS PAGE on the wiki to read more details about the lodge options available.

I love the trophy lodges and have several myself. It is another expenditure but it is a good one. Once you have a lodge, your new goal will be to fill it with trophy animals and rares. Your animal/s that you've already taxidermized will be waiting for you when you get a lodge. Good luck!
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I thought only friends can look at someone else's lodge? Or is that just in single player?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

OldMtnMan wrote:I thought only friends can look at someone else's lodge? Or is that just in single player?
If you are only playing single player games, then only your friends would be able to see your lodge in their own games. If you host a multiplayer game, anyone who joins the multiplayer game would be able to visit your lodge (or the lodge of anyone else in the hunt) during that particular hunt. It doesn't remain available for them to see after the multiplayer hunt has ended.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Thanks so much. I know these questions are perhaps trivial, but I find it's just easier to talk to a real person sometimes. I'll invest in a lodge pretty soon.

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.

Return to “General Chat”