reloading during a hunt

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Serengetti

reloading during a hunt

Post by Serengetti »

Hi Guys,
I'm still pretty new at this - have only been hunting here for about 3 weeks - but a couple of times I have run out of bullets while hunting. Is there a way to reload during a hunt, or must I quit the game and start a new one to reload? That would be sucky because not being able to reload has forced me to throw rocks at a couple of bulls that were way over 325 points! LOL
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: reloading during a hunt

Post by OldMtnMan »

It takes 5 seconds to reload. Just hit the I key and click on the ammo box. Click the I key again to resume the game and reload.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Serengetti

Post by Serengetti »

OldMtnMan wrote:It takes 5 seconds to reload. Just hit the I key and click on the ammo box. Click the I key again to resume the game and reload.
Thanks, and BTW, I am not shooting a lot of bullets for nothing by missing, taking multiple shots and wounding animals. My 372+, RM elk was a one shot kill. I got a 368+ bull today (one shot) and could have killed a bigger one right afterwards, but no bullets! LOL! Thanks again.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

When you load up at the start of the game put some extra ammo into your back pack. Then if you use a pack of ten you can load again from the back pack.
If you have used all the ammo in the backpack you will have to go to a lodge or tent to get more from the lodge inventory.
If you have used all the ammo from the lodge inventory you will have to close the game, The free ammo will refill with three packets of each but if you have used all the other ammo you will have to go to the store and buy more.

At the start of a game you can load all three packs of free 243 ammo and 90 rounds of free 12g shotgun ammo in 3 different types, 30 of each. Thats a hell of a lot of ammo to be running out of. If you are using any other weapon you can load as many packets of ammo for it as the backpack will hold (Or you can afford)
Free 12g Slugs are good for animals as large as Moose, Elk and Bears out to about 40m, and any smaller animals can be taken with Buckshot or Birdshot. (Learn what ammo is permitted for each species.)

A 12g pump action shotgun with a slug scope is a vastly underrated weapon that will allow you to have up to 90 rounds for it alone, provided you have the space in the backpack. (Extra capacity upgrade is available and even more again with a dog and a dog backpack).
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

You don't even have to close the game, if have used all the ammo in the lodge.
If you are logged in on two devices (e.g. Pc and cell phone) you can continue playing on the pc while shopping via cell phone. The acquired articles will appear in the lodge a few seconds later.
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Sometimes I run out of ammo when playing and i'm on my last attempt in a comp, so I don't want to leave the hunt. Easy fix.

Just hit the I key to freeze game.
Click on ALT-Tab.
Go to Classic Web Site and buy ammo.
Back to game. ( click Hunter icon at task bar)
Resume game.
Put down tent that I always carry with me on a hunt.
Load ammo to backpack.
Pick up tent.
Get ammo from backpack.
Continue the hunt.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”