Timbergold Trails

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
LoganMalone
Scout

Re: Timbergold Trails

Post by LoganMalone »

Interestingly enough, yesterday I tested a few game starts on RFF at 8:00 AM at the north west swamp area instead of my usual start time at 5:00 AM and hunting until 11:00 AM in that area which has been my default habit for the last year or so. I immediately spotted 5 moose in the area and harvested 4 of them. This game is so strange. Why the game generates moose in the swamp at an 8:00 AM start times but it doesn't when I start the game earlier at 5:00 AM and I wait there well past 10:00 AM. What would cause the moose to not enter the swamp field between 5:00 AM and 10:00 AM?
We eat therefor we hunt

╱◥◣
│∩ │◥███◣ ╱◥███◣
๑۩๑๑๑๑۩๑๑๑๑۩๑๑๑๑۩๑
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Perhaps they're still sleeping elsewhere. They'll wake up and head to the swamp for breakfast, but can tell you're in there, so they wander somewhere else.
If you start the game at 8:00 AM, they've already woken up and made it to the swamp. :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The game has need zones, most if not all of us just never notice that because they make almost no difference. Except that certain animals spawn at certain times in certain places.

https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Anima ... nd_Roaming

What you encounter is normal.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

I play theHunter mainly for the realism. I´d rather NOT FIND ANY animals than find too many (Actually I think there are TOO many animals in many maps).
If every now and then I feel like playing an arcade I go for Call of the Wild. You should try that game it feels so fake as if you were in a zoo.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

It might be hard to find someone on this forum who hasn't tried COTW. That's why we're here and not on COTW.

Nobody is asking for too many animals. Nobody hunts for realism more than me in Classic. In real hunting it didn't bother me to hunt all day and see no elk. I'd always get one before the 9 day hunting season was over. However, that was once a year and for one bull elk. A game is different. It would be way too boring to simulate my real hunting in the game. It would be a hiking game with an occasional kill.

Unlike you, I never feel an urge to play COTW.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”