I'm A Dummy

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

I'm A Dummy

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm sure most of you will agree to that. Here's the latest dumb thing I did.

I had to start a new account. Fo some reason my old account got deleted and I didn't ask for it this time. They did give me a bunch of ems and gms to make up for it. I bought a bunch of weapons and thought it would be a good time to start fresh with a goal i've had since starting Classic. It's the only stat that's impotant to me and I always look at it when checking another hunter.

The goal is to keep the hit and kill percentages at 100%. It says a lot on how someone hunts. So, after a little over a week I still had all the weapons at 100%. I felt I could keep it going if I kept all shots, ethical shots. Ten I pull a bonehead move. While in a tree stand I shot a couple of elk and left them where they dropped. Thinking i'd pick them up when I was done in that stand. I didn't though. I forgot them completely. Mad at myself for being so stupid didn't help, and I did it again today. If I thought it would do any good i'd punch myself in the mouth but it probably wouldn't help and i'd have a sore mouth.

So, keeping all weapons at 100% is ruined. Even though I did hit and kill all the animals. It doesn't count if I don't claim them. All I can do now is concentrate on one weapon that's still at 100% and see how long i can keep it there.

I'm undecided between the caplock and .340. What do you guys think? The caplock will be harder but more rewarding. The .340 will be easier but i'd take longer shots which can make it harder. Both hard in their own way.

Which one? Help me choose.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: I'm A Dummy

Post by calamar2000 »

For me: caplock for fun and pleasant, but the 340 is terribly effective! So I chose according to the map and the animals. For elk for example I prefer the caplock, but for the buffalo the 340 is ideal...
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Thank you. I'm on my last attempt for an elk comp and i'm using the caplock. I just hunt for elk now, so I guess i'll just stay with the caplock and see how far I can go before I screw up.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

you're right, continue to have fun with the weapon you prefer and the animal! no matter your score ;)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

You're right. My favorite animal is of course elk. My favorite map is RFF. I'll just hunt those with the caplock until I have some sort of miss. Then switch to the inline muzzleloader and try again. My goal is 500 kills at 100%. If I can do that I might try for 1000 but i'll just think about 500 for now. I'm not sure it can be done. Anybody do it?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”