I'm Worried

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

I'm Worried

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm wondering if I should put much effort into this game? Is it fading away? This forum has maybe one post a day. Sometimes not even that. The Steam forum has a bit more but it's the same small crowd posting.

What sort of numbers does this game have for players online daily?

I gave up on racing games and DCS. I'm looking for a hunting game to concentrate on. This is the only one I like but i'm worried about what time it has left.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: I'm Worried

Post by calamar2000 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I'm wondering if I should put much effort into this game? Is it fading away? This forum has maybe one post a day. Sometimes not even that. The Steam forum has a bit more but it's the same small crowd posting.

What sort of numbers does this game have for players online daily?

I gave up on racing games and DCS. I'm looking for a hunting game to concentrate on. This is the only one I like but i'm worried about what time it has left.
Hi Pete, cold and winter no doubt...every year it's the same in January :)
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I'm not sure we can keep making up excuses. It's been getting worse for months.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Well, there is a lot of activity on Fakebook and Discord. Both of those places tend to have faster responses than any older style forum as they have "apps" available, and people use their cellphones all day long for communication. This (and the Steam) forum do not have access through an "app" for cell phones. I'm sure that makes a difference for today's users. :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

That could be it.

It's not Classic fading away. It's forums, but I like forums. :)
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Yes, it's just the different technology. It used to be if you needed to get a message somewhere fast, it was the Pony Express... then came telegraphs, fax machines, email... and so on. The best part of forums is that there is a record of the events, instruction and history of the game that will stay online for people to search and research and reference, as long as the forum site remains. You can't get that so easily from Fakebook and such! ;)

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Exactly! Discord is just fast moving chat. It doesn't suit my old brain. I've never fooled with funnybook and will keep it that way.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

That's just another great thing about Classic... it can suit EVERYONE! :D

If you want to play quietly alone and hunt only one species on one map... that's fine!
If you want to play multiplayer games with voice chat and competing teams, you can do that too!
You can get news about updates and things through forum announcements - or from many of the different "social media" sites.
Compete for fame, glory, trophies, gm$, em$... or just stand near the shores on Redfeather Falls and relax while watching the scenery.... it's ALL good! :)

... y'know, I kind of enjoy this game, just a little bit... ;)

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I agree completely. We can also change up how we play anytime we want. I have all different ways to go hunting.

Yes, it's all good.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Fun fact, you can always check Steam charts to see the activity for any game on Steam. Check out the charts HERE and you'll see the game is in one of it's very normal lulls. There is usually a peak around updates, particularly big updates (new animals, new weapon, QOL updates, etc) and around events. It typically lulls around mid-summer (people are outdoors) and after long periods of no new exciting content.

This game does not have a particularly large playerbase. But then, it really never has since it was brought to Steam about 9 years ago. The numbers prior to ?2019? may not be perfect as folks used to be able to play the game without using Steam, thus, their numbers wouldn't have been counted. What we can see is that the game has no less players at this very moment then it has had many times in the past. If we get another big update or new content in the near future, you'll probably see those numbers spike again before the usual summer slowdown.

As for forum activity, Splainin is correct. Forums are (unfortunately!) generally a thing of the past. Discord and social media websites are the go-to nowadays for many people. People are in the game, you're just not seeing them here on the forum.

Return to “General Chat”