Can we expect new animals/reserves?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Luziano
Hunter

Can we expect new animals/reserves?

Post by Luziano »

I've remember reading an EW post about how they stopped development on theHUNTER classic when COTW was released. Yet (I may be wrong on this) a few animals got release after that (Fallow deer I think). I tried both games but nothing compares to theHUNTER Classic for me. (COTW feels just too cheap, kid oriented, too Arcade for my taste).

So the question is, has EW decided to start development on theHUNTER Classic again? And can we expect New Animals/Reserves in the future?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Re: Can we expect new animals/reserves?

Post by HooCairs »

After the game became free to play, they did in two years
- new turkey model
- snow goose
- axis deer
- puma
- fallow deer

More here: https://thehunter.fandom.com/wiki/Release_History

Whether there will be a new reserve only EW knows, but that is much harder to do than just an animal which takes them half a year on average.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Luziano
Hunter

Post by Luziano »

Hope they do. I´m a great supporter of this game (Dont even dare to make a rough estimate of the ammount of money I´ve spent on theHUNTER classic (And keep spending!)
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

I would like to have some crow hunting.

Should be "easy" to implement.

MfG L.E.

CaplockHunter
Tracker

Post by CaplockHunter »

I don't expect much new anymore. I'll just hunt the way it is.
Pete

Long live Hunter Classic.

Hunting elk with round lead balls. Perfect!

You have reached the pinnacle of success as soon as you become uninterested in money, compliments, or publicity.
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

The last reserve was added in December 2017. That's 5 years ago. There will not be any more new reserves, that's pretty clear. However, a new animal or two to bump participation? It depends on how much payback there would be for the work involved.

This game is 14 years old. Any kind of investment is a risk, and would be at the frayed end of a shoestring budget. And yet, as old as it is, this game still holds up remarkably well against anything else in the genre, new or old. Hard to believe it's still chugging away. I thought it was done years ago.... :? :oops:

Thanks EW, and HooCairs, and BCKidd, and to everyone else who has given so much of their time and money to this game, my passion. I am forever grateful to you all. Jimbo.
Comrade_Floof

Post by Comrade_Floof »

JimboCrow wrote:However, a new animal or two to bump participation? It depends on how much payback there would be for the work involved.
In the last 2 years there have been 3 new animals added: puma, axis deer and fallow deer. So it's safe to say that new animals are coming in the future as well. There are also signs that a new animal might be getting released soon. We just don't know what it is....
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

JimboCrow wrote:The last reserve was added in December 2017. That's 5 years ago. There will not be any more new reserves, that's pretty clear. However, a new animal or two to bump participation? It depends on how much payback there would be for the work involved.

This game is 14 years old. Any kind of investment is a risk, and would be at the frayed end of a shoestring budget. And yet, as old as it is, this game still holds up remarkably well against anything else in the genre, new or old. Hard to believe it's still chugging away. I thought it was done years ago.... :? :oops:

Thanks EW, and HooCairs, and BCKidd, and to everyone else who has given so much of their time and money to this game, my passion. I am forever grateful to you all. Jimbo.
Let's not forget the awesome folks at Ringtail Studios, too! These guys rock!!! :D :D
[bigimg]https://i.postimg.cc/bvsbRWHF/ringtail.jpg[/bigimg]
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “General Chat”