When a ten point mule becomes an 18 pointer

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

When a ten point mule becomes an 18 pointer

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Yesterday I harvested a 216 scoring mule deer that looked like a standard
run of the mill ten pointer.
Upon checking the score sheet I found it had 7 points listed on each side.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/dant ... /919797574

Try as I might I could not see any extra points by looking at the trophy photo.
So I decided to mount it on a full body stand in the trohy room to have a good
look at it from every angle.
Then I saw the 4 extra points but not ony that, I discovered4 more pionts that
were not listed on the score sheet.
What I would like to know is why it was not classified as a Non typical 14 pointer.

Unfortunately I cant get an image file to paste so you will need to go to my google
drive to see the full mount pic.
Link Here.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/10yp4sB ... sp=sharing

Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
xOEDragonx

Re: When a ten point mule becomes an 18 pointer

Post by xOEDragonx »

In the world of B&C, it takes 15 inches of abnormal antler for a deer to be classified as a non-typical. While I'm not sure exactly how the Tru-racs is programmed (it might only count deer with those goofy explosion antlers as non-typicals), or if deer can even have more than 15 inches of abnormal antler in the game, your deer wouldn't be a non-typical anyway because it doesn't have enough abnormal length. According to your scoresheet, it has about 9 inches of abnormal tine length. So it's a typical, and those abnormals count as deductions towards a typical rack.

Also keep in mind a bump has to be 1 inch to even be counted as a tine, so it's probably not even counting those nubs near the brow tines at all because they don't meet the definition of a tine.

Check out your deer in the lodge again. One of those abnormals is 4" so it should be obvious. The others are all just over 1". Compare their size to those nubs and I'm sure you'll see they're visually shorter than an inch.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: When a ten point mule becomes an 18 pointer

Post by DanthemanBoone »

xOEDragonx wrote:In the world of B&C, it takes 15 inches of abnormal antler for a deer to be classified as a non-typical.
Good answer. Thanks .
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “General Chat”