Release Trigger on Compound Bows

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Release Trigger on Compound Bows

Post by OldMtnMan »

I bought the Pulsar bow and for some unknown reason it has a release trigger. Some explanation is needed for those who don't know.

On a compound bow the trigger you pull is not part of the bow. It's a separate device you wear on your wrist. This is what it looks like.

https://www.amazon.com/Archery-Compound ... B09JNMH548

As you can see it's called a Compound Release Trigger. This is what complicates my question. In a rifle or shotgun a release trigger does not fire the gun when you pull the trigger. It fired when you release the trigger. So, to shoot the gun you pull the trigger and hold it pulled. You aim the gun and when ready to shoot you release the tension on the trigger and the gun fires. That's why it's called a release trigger. It's fired when you release it. I made a living in the 70's Trap Shooting and used a release trigger.

I have never heard of a release trigger on a compound bow. That's what the devs have put on the pulsar bow. It doesn't shoot when the trigger is pulled but when you release it. I have no idea why the devs chose to do this. Since the trigger assembly is not part of the bow but an accessary for the bow. They should have offered both ways to shoot the bow. One normal and one release. It can be used on all compound bows. Forcing us to use a release trigger makes no sense.

After that explanation I can ask my question. What do the other two compound bows use. Snakebite and Python. Do they shoot when the trigger is pulled or released? I loved my release trigger on my Trap shotgun. I hate it on a bow. I wasted money buying the Pulsar and don't want to buy another bow without knowing what trigger it has.

Thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Release Trigger on Compound Bows

Post by OldMtnMan »

Nobody owns a Snakebite or Python bow?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Never mind. I'll go back to guns.

Tracking seems bugged in this game and I have to track using bows sometimes. I'm tired of making good shots and having them called body shots and then the tracks just stop. It's a waste of time. I'll use guns that knock them down and don't need tracking. With bows it seems to be a knock down or it's lost.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

All the compounds use the trigger release. It fires the arrow as soon as you pull the trigger.
Spoiler:
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Correction it fires on release of trigger.
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Ok, that's what I wanted to know. I wonder if the devs know that compounds don't do that.

Thanks.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Does this only apply to the Pulsar..
Because I don't have a pulsar and with the basic and other compounds it doesn't matter. You can use them either way in game.
I fire my bows by using the same method as I fire the guns. Just tap the mouse button. Or you can fire the bows by holding the mouse button and firing it at release.
Who really cares as long as it works for you.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Depends on how you shoot Dan. All my life i've worked on squeezing the trigger slow and smooth. I tend to hold it a bit when it fires. Doing that with a release trigger will seem like it has a pause in it because it won't fire until I release it. If you just tap the trigger you might not notice the deference. Although, even tapping it will still have a vey slight pause.

My point is the bows shouldn't have release triggers. Maybe the devs got it wrong because the trigger assembly is called a release trigger. It's called that because it releases the string when the trigger is pulled. I don't know of any gun of bow that comes with a release trigger. They can be dangerous if the shooter doesn't know what it is. Even if they know what it is and hasn't had some release trigger training it can go off by accident.

The game should offer the option of a release and regular trigger since it's not part of the bow. I'll just stick to the Tenpoint for bow shooting.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

I think the whole point of the release system on the bows is to simulate the action of releasing a finger held bow string , and has nothing to do with any release trigger mechanism at all.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
jack30286
Tracker

Post by jack30286 »

Dan all the compound bows use the same mechanical release, the non compound bows use a finger release.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”