Sorry folks...

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Cutch
Master Competitor

Sorry folks...

Post by Cutch »

this is a dumb question. I rarely play MP so I'm kinda starting over again.
I really like the competitions, they're fun and challenging. I'd like some
old friends to join me in some competitions on MP, but all the comps
seem to be in "Single Play" only, that I've found.

I started playing this wonderful game 4 months after it was released
many years ago. Played a little MP up until several years ago. Thanks in
advance if you can help.
Cutch
A woman's mind is cleaner than a man's:
She changes it more often.
xOEDragonx

Re: Sorry folks...

Post by xOEDragonx »

Cutch, there are a lot of competitions that are available for multiplayer games. I'd say about half of all competitions active at any given time are multiplayer friendly.

Go to the competitions tab and click through the different species you're interested in hunting. I recommend focusing only on competitions that have the status listed as "Active" since those are the ones you can participate in immediately. Now, look at the little grey tags directly under the orange name of the competition. If you see a tag that specifically says singleplayer, then that particular competition can only be completed in a singleplayer game. But if you don't see a little grey tag that says singleplayer, then that means a competition can be done in both single or multiplayer.

Alternatively you can click on each individual competition and scroll down the page to read if it is singleplayer only or singleplayer/multiplayer (which means both!), but that is a bit more time consuming than just looking for the singleplayer tag and ignoring any competitions that have it.

Keep in mind the community league competitions are all single player only (except waterfowl) so you might want to ignore those. And maybe it's not exactly what you're looking for, but BCKidd hosts a bunch of great competitions here on the forum. Many have complex rules, but once you learn the basics they get easier. Unfortunately most of the hunts you would do for his competitions would have to be played in singleplayer, but when you post your results on the forum there is a lot of fun banter to go around. It's fun to compete with others whom you can socialize with afterwards, even if the hunts themselves are a bit lonely.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

As xOEDragonx said, If it does not explicitely say "Single Player" right there, you should be able to do them in Multiplayer.

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I've seen some that are multi only. Those upset me because i'm single only.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

OldMtnMan wrote:I've seen some that are multi only. Those upset me because i'm single only.
You can always do a multi as a single player. Start a multiplayer game and lock it with a password, and you will be on your own.
Spoiler:
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

That's a new one to me. Thanks Hoo.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

HooCairs wrote: You can always do a multi as a single player. Start a multiplayer game and lock it with a password, and you will be on your own.
Thanks for suggesting that. I've always ignored multiplayer comps because I don't ever do MP. I may have to try the Whitehart Grand Slam this weekend. :D
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

The only difference is that you cannot pause an MP game. Otherwise, it will be the same gameplay wise.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”