What's up with the lynx?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
xOEDragonx

Re: What's up with the lynx?

Post by xOEDragonx »

I'm not convinced any spawns are changing. What I believe is that you have a species that has generally few animals on the map to begin with, and a huge area they can spawn in, making them hard to find. Sometimes they spawn stacked on top of each other making it seem like you found a hot spot that offers nothing in the next session, and sometimes they spawn spread out through the area making it seem like they hardly exist because they're few and far between. I don't think I've ever killed more than a dozen or so lynx or puma in a single hunt, they're just not as abundant as say deer which you can kill 60+ of in a hunt if you try. Lynx can spawn on the entire western half of Hemmeldal which may not be huge compared to other maps, but it's still a big area. The pumas can spawn anywhere in the bighorn mountains which is already a huge amount of space, just south of the mountains near the northern part of the river, and on one mountain in the far south of the map. That's an enormous area to search for what may be 15-20 cats on a map.
pnShen
Hunter

Re: What's up with the lynx?

Post by pnShen »

Dr_ViEr wrote:Strange enough, I had another one that can just under my tree stand and ignored the caller.

I will have an eye on that, but first off all I thank all of you for the feedback.
the lynx spooks from the caller if it gets 12-1 meter distance from it. And the distance it runs is under 100 meters, some times it is just 20-30 meters. Sometimes it stuck and stops even closer. (that's why you may find a lynx hanging around without walking to the caller)

And after the spook it can stay at the spot for a long time. it's a gamble but you can put the caller between lots of rocks and leave the computer for few hours while being on the treestand and hope that you will find a lynx stuck close by when you return to your game.

after the spook the lynx is not attracted to the caller, only if you turn it off and on again, so you cannot expect them to come back indefinitely while you are away.

Return to “General Chat”