I,ve shot a warewolf

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
acrobat
Hunter

I,ve shot a warewolf

Post by acrobat »

And he just gave a fart !

I just bought some silver bullets for the 12 ga and was equipped with my my .357 revolver . I gave him multiple hits but zte only result was he was fleeing after hit.

What went wrong ?

It seems the weapons hace zero effect !!!
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Re: I,ve shot a warewolf

Post by DeadClopz »

need to hit them in brain or heart with silver

acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

Ah i got it now !

I bought silver ammo for the shotgun but now i realized it cannot be used with the normal side by side 12ga i have . You have to buy the wolfbane .

So its still a bit of a credit card milking event and i will not join the party , sadly i used some ammo to put several useless bullet holes into the warewolf .

Thanks !
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

acrobat wrote:Ah i got it now !

I bought silver ammo for the shotgun but now i realized it cannot be used with the normal side by side 12ga i have . You have to buy the wolfbane .

So its still a bit of a credit card milking event and i will not join the party , sadly i used some ammo to put several useless bullet holes into the warewolf .

Thanks !
If you are not going to support the game you can always buy everything with gms
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

Supporting the game by buying special silver ammo and using medical kits - yes .
being artificially forced to buy a pricey weapon just for this - no .

But whatever , i discovered what the problem is and i will just stay away .

Last question : i have shot a charging halloween hog in self defense 5 times with my .357 revolver , there was blood and the huntermate showed body shots but i guess the animal will never drop being hit that way , correct ?
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Even for regular feral hogs, the .357 is not rated ethical.
Although non-ethical ammo sometimes kills big animals, I would not expect it to die. I never found a dead event hog with a pure body shot, even with the silver ammo
Spoiler:
acrobat
Hunter

Post by acrobat »

In the past i dropped a regular charging hog with multiple hits from the .357 but i know its not ethical so i used it only when it charged me .

I,m asking because i,ve hit a halloween goat with the 9.3x62 and there was not even a blood mark. The hog showed blood marks .

In fact i tried all weapons i had on the creatures before realizing only silver from wolfsbane works ;-)
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

after all the items in game went on sale for GM$ I just stopped using EM$, because you can easily farm GM$ from missions. I gathered 17k GM$ for that new gun in one day, it is possible and actually pretty easy, dont miss out on the event. After getting 50 harvest you'll get rewarded with 500 EM$ for free at the end of the event, which does actually pay off IMO.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Just remember that em$ are what keeps the bills paid for the game to keep going. If you don't need them for yourself, maybe you can buy some as a gift to others once in a while, to help show your support. ;)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

acrobat wrote:Supporting the game by buying special silver ammo and using medical kits - yes .
being artificially forced to buy a pricey weapon just for this - no .

You wouldn't be buying the gun just for the werewolves. Just use regular shotgun ammo and there's a long list of animals you can kill.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.

Return to “General Chat”