Enjoying the Halloween event?

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Re: Enjoying the Halloween event?

Post by Oswald74 »

Fun in the beginning, now it sucks.
Looks like you need the crossbow pistol to get close to axis and roo, because every time you sneak close to them, hundrets of pigs and werwolfes are attacking and the axis/roo flees to the other end of the map...

MfG L.E.

calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

Oswald74 wrote:Fun in the beginning, now it sucks.
Looks like you need the crossbow pistol to get close to axis and roo, because every time you sneak close to them, hundrets of pigs and werwolfes are attacking and the axis/roo flees to the other end of the map...

MfG L.E.
I agree ! It's missed... and it's not jealousy because as soon as I connect I get attacked! grrrr!
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
Swampfox
Outfitter

Post by Swampfox »

I'm pleased with the change from TgT to Bushrangers Run for a couple of reasons, one being the visibility is better and not nearly as dark as TgT and I've been using the Yellow Tint Sunglasses which seems to help with distance and picking up detail. :D
There is never a dull moment of non-activity as there always seems to be something ready to attack you. :shock:

I had a rough hunt this morning when I wandered into a Caerbannog block party as I was tracking a nice size Izuna Fox. :(
I did manage to complete the 100% charging Caerbannog attack mission but not before I'd been destroyed and used up so many Med Kits! :x
I hit the run key trying to escape the boundaries of their colony and of course, lost any chance of finding that nice big Izuna Fox. :cry:

Sure is Fun and ready to go back for more! :lol: :lol: :lol: 8-)
Spoiler:
Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Oswald74 wrote:Fun in the beginning, now it sucks.

MfG L.E.
You do not need the crossbow pistol for anything. It is a great weapon and does the job but it's not a necessity. I got most of my roos with the new shotgun, some with the 308, and some with the crossbow. If you're getting attacked you're not being stealthy enough to get close enough to a kangaroo to shoot one. I've had 3 hour sessions where I didn't get attacked even once by not ever moving while standing. I crouched or crawled everywhere.
Tip: When you find evidence of roos prone immediately and belly crawl to follow the evidence and get near them. Once they're in sight you're 60m or less away. The lighting and fog effect stops us from seeing any further than 60m. Stop when you see them, get on high ground, and be extremely patient for one of them to calmly hop toward you. One will. Don't rush your shot wait to shoot until your way past being comfortable you'll get a good shot on it.

I can't help with Axis deer. I struggle with them, never see them even without the event regardless of what I do. I've seen ONE so far during the event and it completely ignored calls. I'm having fox not respond to the caller at all and not go anywhere near decoys too. I'm not sure if that's broken now or it's only happening to me for some reason.
Jhon
Hunter

Post by Jhon »

I like this event alot, was agood thrill at the start but now I got used to all the sounds and chargings at me :lol: had no problems with the Axis, did all of those Axis objectives with two deer and an extra track, also bagged my PB (I think) Axis today, just a notch over 200 8-) anyway, how did you guys get the fleeing pig done? seems like I'm struggling too much on this one.. :?
DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Jhon wrote:I like this event alot, was agood thrill at the start but now I got used to all the sounds and chargings at me :lol: had no problems with the Axis, did all of those Axis objectives with two deer and an extra track, also bagged my PB (I think) Axis today, just a notch over 200 8-) anyway, how did you guys get the fleeing pig done? seems like I'm struggling too much on this one.. :?
Step on a rock when you see it charging, it will miss you and then flee.

Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Bort wrote: ... If you're getting attacked you're not being stealthy enough to get close enough to a kangaroo to shoot one...
I'm only crouch-walking and laying on the ground. Using rocks as sight cover. Wearing the BRR camo clothing. Using scent eliminator... etc.

Every time I am getting close to an axis/roo I'm getting attacked. Last time from 3 pigs and 2 werewolfes simultaniosly!!

Tried using the tripod to get on it, so the attackers are fleeing, but then the axis/deer flee from setting up the tripod.

Maybe it's bad luck, I don't know.

MfG L.E.

DeadClopz
Outfitter

Post by DeadClopz »

Oswald74 wrote:
Bort wrote: ... If you're getting attacked you're not being stealthy enough to get close enough to a kangaroo to shoot one...
I'm only crouch-walking and laying on the ground. Using rocks as sight cover. Wearing the BRR camo clothing. Using scent eliminator... etc.

Every time I am getting close to an axis/roo I'm getting attacked. Last time from 3 pigs and 2 werewolfes simultaniosly!!

Tried using the tripod to get on it, so the attackers are fleeing, but then the axis/deer flee from setting up the tripod.

MfG L.E.
are u drinking water when you get dehydrated and start breathing heavy. I noticed if I start breathing heavy, it sounds like i been running and is noisy and hogs and werewolves come out of the woodwork.

Bort
Scout

Post by Bort »

Oswald74 wrote:

MfG L.E.
As it's been suggested step on a rock or in to water when you hear them coming and don't know where they are or there are too many of them. They won't go real far into water and they can't go on any rocks. Don't need a tripod. Suggestion: Carry more ammo instead of the tripod. Other than being a marker of where we died I haven't noticed any stands being helpful at all. Another thing to consider carrying is First Aid Kits but I haven't been doing that myself. I carry all the ammo I can, the fox and axis caller, and all 3 wolfsbane weapons. I lodge if I die.

I've been avoiding getting attacked by crouch walking. I still get attacked now and then but not nearly as much.
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

I have only 3 goals left for the Helloween comp.
Axis (160), Fox (10kg) and Roo (72).

Let's see if I have any luck.

MfG L.E. ;)

Return to “General Chat”