Community Leage competitions

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
vsaet
Hunter

Community Leage competitions

Post by vsaet »

Hi
Is a good idea and and innovating attempt but like with all competitions the same problem. Those competitions are ,one more time, for 24 payers (Long playing players) . The medium players ,means players playing less than 2-3 hours session (attempt) are again punished. Why I say that? Because there are not equality between players. The player who comes after his job and want to play some hours to decompress have no changes to be in the winning range of the competition (1-10). And is normal because I found in a visite of some winners history times of session from 6 to 15 :o hours/day meaning 30 hours of game.A player playing 3 hours /day 6 h game is in comparison of the 24/7 players from 2 to 5 times less in chance. A players with 30 h game have 5 times more chances to win something than the 6 h game and so on.Why I wrote this post? Because after 13 years playing the game is always the 24/7 players who have the advantage. Nothing change. Someone will say that I say that because I am in the winners but not. I play all those years I won i have almost all guns and equipment,I paid for 10 years to play. I have no need of EM$ or GM$ but i found that is not fair for all those people who play only 2-3 hours/day to be not equal to the others who have the time to play more time.
My proposition is that one attempt must have a limited time of 3 h . I remember that was competitions with the reverse from what I propose. Minimum time to play 1 h .It was to avoid repetitive spawns of some min.
I have to clarify here that is only my opinion and i apologies to some players who playing many hours because is not something against them.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Re: Community Leage competitions

Post by Mrmr123 »

If its possible to remove the next day extension, it will be more fair IMO to most players, with the next day extension they removed the purpose of having limited attempts for the comp, the way its right now, with 1 attempt u can keep playing 2 or 3 sessions if not more, basically grinding 24 hours for 7 days.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Mrmr123 wrote:If its possible to remove the next day extension, it will be more fair IMO to most players, with the next day extension they removed the purpose of having limited attempts for the comp, the way its right now, with 1 attempt u can keep playing 2 or 3 sessions if not more, basically grinding 24 hours for 7 days.
Your only thinkin of what it would fix in your opinion, what your not taking into account are all the difficult same hunt missions, secondly a reserve as far as we know only gets a certain amount of animals, if you eliminate them even the next day you don't get the same amount as prior.

Secondly, a majority of the players are not competition players, they either hunt casually, or just hunt/farm gms.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Is it my imagination of when I have a good day on a map. The next day is dead. Shouldn't a map get the same amount of animals at the start of each day? Do they just spawn is some strange places?
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

trulight wrote:
Mrmr123 wrote:If its possible to remove the next day extension, it will be more fair IMO to most players, with the next day extension they removed the purpose of having limited attempts for the comp, the way its right now, with 1 attempt u can keep playing 2 or 3 sessions if not more, basically grinding 24 hours for 7 days.
Your only thinkin of what it would fix in your opinion, what your not taking into account are all the difficult same hunt missions, secondly a reserve as far as we know only gets a certain amount of animals, if you eliminate them even the next day you don't get the same amount as prior.

Secondly, a majority of the players are not competition players, they either hunt casually, or just hunt/farm gms.
We are talking about league comps, not sure what your point about missions have to do with anything, and as far as i know, second day extension gives you new full spawn of animals, so not any less than the original spawn amount.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Yeah, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th day hunts shouldn't be allowed. There should be rules implemented such as 100% Hit Accuracy. That would maybe equalize competitors chances at winning / or losing. That is my .2 cents. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
mel_o_mel
Tracker

Post by mel_o_mel »

I'd also like to see competition hunts limited to one in-game day.
Have a MeLLoW Day 8-)
vsaet
Hunter

Post by vsaet »

[quote="BCKidd"]Yeah, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th day hunts shouldn't be allowed. There should be rules implemented such as 100% Hit Accuracy. That would maybe equalize competitors chances at winning / or losing. That is my .2 cents. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.[/quote}
It was you If I remember ho indroduced in your competitions the rule of 1 hour minimum to avoid spawn mashing.
And something else. There are something that no one can beat. Luck ;) For exemple I see today the score to beat is 199..... and you know it will be the winning one. But here is the lucky player. The first animal he harvestwed it was this one.
Luck is Luck and no one 24/7 player can't beat :lol:
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

vsaet wrote:
BCKidd wrote:Yeah, 2nd, 3rd, or even 4th day hunts shouldn't be allowed. There should be rules implemented such as 100% Hit Accuracy. That would maybe equalize competitors chances at winning / or losing. That is my .2 cents. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.[/quote}
It was you If I remember ho indroduced in your competitions the rule of 1 hour minimum to avoid spawn mashing.
And something else. There are something that no one can beat. Luck ;) For exemple I see today the score to beat is 199..... and you know it will be the winning one. But here is the lucky player. The first animal he harvestwed it was this one.
Luck is Luck and no one 24/7 player can't beat :lol:
Yes, luck can never be beat. I do have the 1hr Real Time minimum rule in my comps (2 in Game Hours). The mini comps tho', it is 30 mins minimum (1 Hour in Game). The rule does slow down SM, but what slows it down the most is a Cool Down Period. For example if the comps are a minimum of 30 minutes real time, and I did a hunt for 26 minutes as an example, I would have to wait 4 minutes before starting a hunt on a competition reserve. This makes it so that hunts on comp reserves are 30 minutes apart. I wouldn't be able to do a 26 minute hunt and then jump back into a comp reserve without waiting 4 minutes. The same idea works for the 1hr Real Time minimum- the difference would be I would have to wait 34 minutes if I did a 26 minute hunt. :) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Mrmr123 wrote:
trulight wrote:

We are talking about league comps, not sure what your point about missions have to do with anything, and as far as i know, second day extension gives you new full spawn of animals, so not any less than the original spawn amount.
Because usually when they make a change for one area it happens EVERYWHERE, and that would affect missions. It's been my observation that not only in this game, but in many others, that one change gets made globally.

Secondly, doesn't matter what rules you come up with, there will always be "gamers" that find a way to optimize what they are doing. Then you end up with competitions that are so complex that very few peeps of the populace want to participate because it's just not fun (This is my opinion of course, but i'm sure there are others.) No disrespect to the peeps running comps, it's very appreciated, and awesome that they do them, and take the time to do them. (Also considering these hunts are suppose to be harder as the rewards are greater)
Last edited by trulight on May 20th, 2022, 11:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “General Chat”