Summer Fiesta - A Vegan Mission

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
BCKidd

Re: Summer Fiesta - A Vegan Mission

Post by BCKidd »

jttoo wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:Start of the beach just North of Cicada Cove.
Huh.

I have made many runs along that beach looking for antlers during this event and never spotted those chairs....
:lol: :lol: Yeah, me neither! I had know idea that they were there, even though what Hoo posted, we've all seen that picture. Still I never thought there was actually a lounging area on the beach. Now I know... :lol: :lol: Respect,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
LongBowDano1

Post by LongBowDano1 »

I am having a heck of a hard time finding the Rocky Mtn. elk sheds.

Any ideas of a good place to start?
JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

LongBowDano1 wrote:I am having a heck of a hard time finding the Rocky Mtn. elk sheds.

They are easiest to see on the slopes where there is not much vegetation and fewer big rocks. Even very steep slopes will have them, but you have to watch where they fall when you get within 30 meters of them.

Set your settings to low and then scan with your binos the sides of those slopes, especially on the northeast, east, and southeastern slopes. I find them quite regularly when I'm on those slopes hunting for RM Elk and Grizzlies. They stand out very well in the distance. ;)
LongBowDano1

Post by LongBowDano1 »

Thank you Jimbo. I will give it a try!
EthanRanft
Tracker

Post by EthanRanft »

I ran the river while scanning the opposite side with binos
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

LongBowDano1 wrote:I am having a heck of a hard time finding the Rocky Mtn. elk sheds.

One option is to stand on hills and look down on large grass fields and lake shores. The grass completely disappears from a distance, and the antlers start sticking out. I would set scene complexity to high for this one, so you can see the antlers up to 320m. Low scene complexity only helps when looking for them right around you.

Put a tent on a hill and restart there until you see an antler.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
fantamichele
Outfitter

Post by fantamichele »

Sorry Hoo, but with low scene complexity I scanned antlers over 190 meters, Loggers Point and they were mule deer antlers, so very small compared to elk
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

fantamichele wrote:Sorry Hoo, but with low scene complexity I scanned antlers over 190 meters, Loggers Point and they were mule deer antlers, so very small compared to elk
Yes, with low scene complexity you can see them up to 220m if I am not mistaken.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
LongBowDano1

Post by LongBowDano1 »

Thanks for all the help! Finally finished the mission this morning. I ended up just running the river and scanning everywhere I could.
knott
Outfitter

Post by knott »

The hunter god do kind of want me to do this mission. I found whitetail antlers yesterday and roe deer today doing daily missions. Key as always is don´t actually hunt for whatever you are hunting for. I didn´t even spot the roe deer antler just trampled on it believing I would click on a hog track.

Still I won´t do it I still have 5 antlers left and a shroom and that is extrely unrealistic to do in 8 days.

Return to “General Chat”