Can't harvest an animal with HM? Try this.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
gas56
Outfitter

Can't harvest an animal with HM? Try this.

Post by gas56 »

I shot around 6 bears on RFF and the last one I went to harvest it on the Hunter Mate and it wouldn't do nothing.
This hasn't happened for me in a while on any animal that I can't harvest but usually nothing works in getting the animal.
I don't know if this will work all the time but I laid down prone like harvesting a Euro Rabbit out of a hole
and crawled around a bit and then it harvested it.
Hope it works for you,.. but like I say this is the 1st time that I tried it so I don't know it if it will work every time.
Well it's time to get back to the hunt.
Grizdude
Trophy Hunter

Re: Can't harvest an animal with HM? Try this.

Post by Grizdude »

Thanks for the tip. I have it happen once in a great while.
Andhii
Scout

Post by Andhii »

Running outside of the rendering range usually works for me. I run 350m away from the animal and then back, if it works I can harvest the animal and if not, well, sometimes the animal just dissapears :(
https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/andhii
"Never argue with an idiot...they drag you to their level and beat you with experience."
Hyazakyte

Post by Hyazakyte »

I'm kind of new here, but I have noticed this happen on quite a few bear harvests. I've only harvested a couple dozen bear total, but on about 6 of the harvest the HM wouldn't pick them up. I've even crawled up nose to nose with them and still no success. I did notice on a couple of these that their heads were slightly raised (not laying completely on the ground) so I assumed that maybe they were still alive, but unconscious perhaps. So I shot them again, noticing that their heads layed to the ground afterward, and was able to harvest with the HM. This has happened to me at least 6 times out of 24 bear harvests, or 25% of harvests.
Spoiler:
HARVESTS: 659 - HUNT TIME: 13d 14h 40m 34s - DISTANCE: 494.80 kms - TROPHIES: GOLD 1 - SILVER 2 - BRONZE 2
PROFILE :: JOIN theHunter
ehr_Icaar
Scout

Post by ehr_Icaar »

I have had this problem with bears too, often in multiplayer.
Especially on VDB but on Hemmeldal it happened once too, tried crawling on and off an posed from every angle and it did not work for me.
I remember sound bugged out too and a roe deer call was being played at superspeed over and over for 2-4 sec at the same hunting session as this bear bug happened. Not sure if it's related somehow.
I don't remember if I walked out of render distance and tried again but will definitely try that next time this happens.
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

I had 3 Dall Sheep that I could'nt harvest yesterday, shot with the .300 Bolt action and it was annoxing but at least not trophy animals. Will try your method the next time but this problem seems to be slowly but surely getting worse.
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

gas56
Outfitter

Post by gas56 »

Schlachtwolf wrote:I had 3 Dall Sheep that I could'nt harvest yesterday, shot with the .300 Bolt action and it was annoxing but at least not trophy animals. Will try your method the next time but this problem seems to be slowly but surely getting worse.
This problem has been around ever since I started to play regular in the game feb of 2014 and that is a reason continued next day hunts aren't advisable to keep playing as it is a known
problem doing so a lot of the times when trying to harvest an animal.
Sometimes some animals work differently trying to harvest them though as when Grey Wolves in TT would not harvest even going out of render range would not help
getting them. I don't know if this was a 1 time occurrence but it did work for me on Black Bears going prone and harvesting them.
I did have this happen a few times also with Dall Sheep and other animals where nothing would work trying to harvest them.....
Good luck & have a good 1......
Last edited by gas56 on September 21st, 2018, 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
RabbitEast

Post by RabbitEast »

Thanks! I will try the proning tip since out of render doesnt work for me. However, it seems to me that this bug happen quite frequently for the past 2 weeks of my game play. Before that it is not as frequent as now. For the past 2 weeks, it usually happens to me at least 1 time every 2 hunts i did. Rusa deer, dall sheep, arctic fox, bison, snowhare, black bear, brown bear, grey wolf, bighorn sheep... Can be disappointing when its a big or rare one and had to let it go.
Ravenousfox
Outfitter

Post by Ravenousfox »

I just shot a huge Dall Sheep and I can't harvest.
Tried your trick going prone, doesn't help on the Dall Sheep.
I even tried going out of render and back in, didn't work.
I have over 1337 kills with my Longbow at 100% kill rate.
My YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCPHtNC ... RQ3X3b0TjQ
My Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/rav_fox
INTIMID883R
Outfitter

Post by INTIMID883R »

In The past week I have had the same problem with both Bison and RME. Looking at both laying there dead, and vanish as I walked up to them. Nothing there but the dome. Nothing to harvest, and even the HM would not pick up the clue.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”