FPS issues after last patch.

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
MetalMind
Outfitter

Re: FPS issues after last patch.

Post by MetalMind »

Radamus wrote:MM, I think the earlier posts explained so that now, when we have that skip, an animal is in render range - I know we didn't have this "animal alert" before but I'm seeing a correlation, wouldn't bet my wallet on it yet, but it seems to fit.
Yes, when an animal is in render range I have an additional "skip" but those skips are constant in my situation. I can shoot a gun so all the animals run away of render range and those skips still exists so there is no corelation regarding animals in render range. I have a skip more or less between 10 seconds as I described early.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

kahuamp wrote:"Contextual Help" is enabled, and freezing mostly occurs when the window "you just spooked an animal because it saw you/heard you" appears.
This is another example of the skip - While doing some missions I'm getting that same type of thing when the text box pops up, just like the pot of gold collection thing for the St. Pats mission - But like MM, it just happens and not really sure of why.
"Out of all competitors, Radamus was the only one who got it I think" - BCKidd
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
I can't afford a swear jar - xOEDragon
Spoiler:
Bluejay
Scout

Post by Bluejay »

For what it's worth I have noticed this issue in the past.
Yesterday I hunted WRR mostly to collect my 15 pots of gold. This 1-2 sec. pause happened after collecting each pot. Happened on every one.
After I had my 15 pots I continued collecting more but the pause quit after the 15th pot.
jase79

Post by jase79 »

Hi

Any update on this issue? Because I think i got worse with todays patch...

Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

after a hunt on WRR the pause I think it a new feature of animals popping into render - So, when you get the small skip, there is an animal/s in your area. If you are running a constant FPS counter just rotate to where the rate drops and he/she is over thataway
"Ugh, I absolutely hate the thought that Radamus is right about this and I was wrong...!!!" Splainin2do
Spoiler:
D3AKUs
Hunter

Post by D3AKUs »

I get a small skip (not even a second) everytime my decoys or my callers make some fowl break from their formation or. Ive tested it now on Rougarou and Hirschfelden. It doesnt matter if i am near my Decoys or not i always get those small skips everytime something is going to land near them.
Its a little bit annoying sometimes when u actually aim at something and new animals approach... but still nice somehow cause i exactly know now when i have to head back to my setup when i am away hunting somewhere else .... xD

Makes me feel like Spiderman but with Gooses... My Goosesenses are tingling ! Headback to the Goosecave ! :D
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

Radamus wrote:after a hunt on WRR the pause I think it a new feature of animals popping into render - So, when you get the small skip, there is an animal/s in your area. If you are running a constant FPS counter just rotate to where the rate drops and he/she is over thataway
Turning down FPS on "counter" doesn't help for me. Radamus, I know that you have a skip only when you have an animal popping into render, but for me it is even worse. The skip is automated approx. every 10 seconds.

I've found little workaround. I set minimal frame render to -2 in nVidia panel, but it helped partially, it isn't so annonying after I made that change.

Hope it will be looked in really and not just left behind, as it really destroys gameplay for me.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

MetalMind wrote:
Radamus wrote:after a hunt on WRR the pause I think it a new feature of animals popping into render - So, when you get the small skip, there is an animal/s in your area. If you are running a constant FPS counter just rotate to where the rate drops and he/she is over thataway
Turning down FPS on "counter" doesn't help for me. Radamus, I know that you have a skip only when you have an animal popping into render, but for me it is even worse. The skip is automated approx. every 10 seconds.

I've found little workaround. I set minimal frame render to -2 in nVidia panel, but it helped partially, it isn't so annonying after I made that change.

Hope it will be looked in really and not just left behind, as it really destroys gameplay for me.
Yeah I'm not getting it every 10sec but I get it a lot and I saw a correlation while in WRR just because of the open views I saw it happening. Yes D3AKUs This is what is happening with waterfowl, same thing now it seems for every animal not just bird breaks, I think I put this in my first post as this has only recently appeared in game. What I wonder is, what other triggers there are because although I can see some relevance to animals in render, I don't believe it's the only trigger and it's exaggerated in MM's case, whatever is activating it. I almost started to think it was even caused by tracking dones- I had it happen just as some domes appeared last night but I don't know for sure, the timing was right but coincidence? who knows.

Wild idea, MM, how's your connection speed? could it be position update lag between server and game? something to do with location communication caused by latency? I know mine speed sucks. Something was changed in that update is all I know.
Spoiler:
MetalMind
Outfitter

Post by MetalMind »

I have 30 Mbps in download, 5,5 upload, 21ms ping. Never had any issues with that connection, also with other games, only after last update.
Radamus
Master Hunter

Post by Radamus »

MetalMind wrote:I have 30 Mbps in download, 5,5 upload, 21ms ping. Never had any issues with that connection, also with other games, only after last update.
:lol: ... I'm embarrassed to say how bad mine is so.... safe to rule that out- I'm at minimum half of yours ;) My ping is generally 50-56 and UL/DL rates not even on the same scale even though I'm paying for what you have- I do have hope on the horizon. Local utility company is expanding fiber in my area but still year or 2 away.
Spoiler:

Return to “General Chat”