Assaulted after shooting

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Assaulted after shooting

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Pigs, Bears, Buffalo, Bison, Moose and Pumas are not to be trusted. I have even had a moose charge right after having been poked with a non fatal arrow.
Moose cows are usually the worst. They can attack in pairs, the second one will usually get you right after you have used the first aid kit. Its a good idea to wait a few seconds and listen for the animal leaving before using your kit. Bison often stand and wait for you to revive so they can have a second go.
A shot, even just in the air, is usually enough to break the aggressive state, but there is no guarantee.
Are we having fun yet?
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

I hate mountain lions. They sneak up behind me and kill before you can react in any way. A quick growl and then all red. I've been nailed 5-6 times so far.

I'd much rather face a grizz. I don't hunt for pig, so I don't experience them. Moose are bad at times. Just like in real life.

I personally think the grizz are too aggressive. They don't simulate the real bears.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
calamar2000
Hunter

Post by calamar2000 »

OldMtnMan wrote:I hate mountain lions. They sneak up behind me and kill before you can react in any way. A quick growl and then all red. I've been nailed 5-6 times so far.

I'd much rather face a grizz. I don't hunt for pig, so I don't experience them. Moose are bad at times. Just like in real life.

I personally think the grizz are too aggressive. :evil: They don't simulate the real bears.
Especially cougars! I hate them... grizzlies and boars are terrible and here are invasive and harmful! Grizzly bears and lesser boars are terrible here in my area they are invasive and harmful! And free to hunt! :twisted: :mrgreen:
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
giustuc

Post by giustuc »

DanthemanBoone wrote:Pigs, Bears, Buffalo, Bison, Moose and Pumas are not to be trusted. I have even had a moose charge right after having been poked with a non fatal arrow.
Moose cows are usually the worst. They can attack in pairs, the second one will usually get you right after you have used the first aid kit. Its a good idea to wait a few seconds and listen for the animal leaving before using your kit. Bison often stand and wait for you to revive so they can have a second go.
A shot, even just in the air, is usually enough to break the aggressive state, but there is no guarantee.
Are we having fun yet?
Absolutely, that's always great time and makes everything more real.

However I've met wild boars several times in my country (Italy) and they usually tend to ignore you or flee , to be attacked you have to be so unlucky to meet a female with piglets.
No experience in real life with pumas/WB/moose (not present in Italy), nor with brown bears (present but never had the "pleasure").

I agree with: “long life to Hunter Classic"

Return to “General Chat”