Favorite Reserves To Hunt Every Day

General chat about The Hunter. For suggestions, please use the "Suggestions"-room below.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Re: Favorite Reserves To Hunt Every Day

Post by OldMtnMan »

Are those your favorite maps for whitetails Jimbo? I'm not looking for spots to hunt. I'll do that. I'm just curious what maps you guys like.

I entered my first whitetail comp this morning and i'm leading it. It's just the starter class but i'm having fun. I went south of Darkwood Lodge and got 5 bucks so far. It's the heaviest weight comp. I got a 98.7 and looked at the Intermediate and Elite class scores and they're in the 98's too. Is that as heavy as a whitetail gets?

Thanks for info.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

OldMtnMan wrote:Are those your favorite maps for whitetails Jimbo? I'm not looking for spots to hunt. I'll do that. I'm just curious what maps you guys like.

I entered my first whitetail comp this morning and i'm leading it. It's just the starter class but i'm having fun. I went south of Darkwood Lodge and got 5 bucks so far. It's the heaviest weight comp. I got a 98.7 and looked at the Intermediate and Elite class scores and they're in the 98's too. Is that as heavy as a whitetail gets?

Thanks for info.
The best way to check the potential weight of any animals is to go to the current season leaderboards and check the top 4 or five animals. Score is a little easier. you only need to look a the first one.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
DeckerSawbuck

Post by DeckerSawbuck »

Kind of split between bow or rifle on some species ( as IRL ) . Actually have fun with the geese/ducks using a shotgun in game ( IRL, pretty bad wingshooting. not fun at all) . Loggers is the worst terrain. Not really into the hogs either.
Favorite Maps in Order;

Whiterime Ridge ( everything but Sitka deer and rabbit)
Timbergold Trails ( I live in Montana -- get to hunt elk/turkey/mulies /pronghorn/bear/goat/sheep/moose out my backdoor for over 33 years )
Whitehart Island ( turkeys & elk)
Hirschfelden
Val des Bois
Redfeather Falls ( bear/elk/moose)
Hemmeldal
Rougaroo Bayou ( duck hunting only)
Picabeen Bay ( magpies / bovine )
Settler Creek ( better turkey/bear/elk elsewhere)
Bushrangers Run
Logger's Point

Playing since 2018
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

In the past my favorites were TT especially for charging grizzlies, I had a lot of fun with that, and SC, now it's VDB.
Modifly1
Tracker

Post by Modifly1 »

Call me classic or non-adventurous, but I'm a deer person. Places like Whitehart island and Redfeather falls are great. I find Hirschfelden particularly challenging. Living in the UK, Hirschfelden is the most relatable for me since it has all European species in there. It's great going to places like Bushy park and seeing the real thing up close. But I do find Hirschfelden hard. I got attacked by a boar I didn't see once. It did not kindle joy. Some days have yielded me without a single fallow deer. I saw Crocodile Dundee again recently and after realising that 'Walkabout Creek' is from that movie I thought I might go there some time and try something a bit different. Trouble is, I'm the type who goes on Microsoft Flight Simulator in a Grumman Goose or a De Havilland Beaver and actually flies to the areas the various reserves represents. Australia is a long way off since my Character is based in the Pacific Northwest. I get away with Hirschfelden since I can say my Character from SH3 would be there. I guess I'll get virtual plane tickets and go outback :D .

This is my rifle...it's a Mauser...it mauses.

Return to “General Chat”