Release Notes = 1st March (Wood Grouse Mission and Comps)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Re: Release Notes = 1st March (Wood Grouse Mission and Comps)

Post by Dr_ViEr »

If you are struggling with the flying grouses try the following setup:

Place a set of decoys 25 m in front of Tower 1 in Hirschfelden (I prefer a tower as this will gain additional stability) just in the center of the opening.
As there are always some birds around, start calling.
Let them walk to the decoys (If there is no adequate bird you can easily and silently take them with the crossbow-pistol).
If there is the bird you need, wait until it faces downhill (as most often they will start in the direction they face).
Fire a shot. (I would recommend to use a .22 for the females, as they are smaller and a few additional rounds might be benefitial.)
Typically they will take off after a few steps and fly straight away.

With regard to the last Wood Grouse mission:
Be careful, these birds are surprisingly slow. (When I tested my setup, I missed the first flying shot and took some time for the second. In the end I hit the bird (just a small one for testing) at 51 m)
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

I am seeing a great reduction of lynx and reindeer in Hemmeldal in favor of the wood grouse.

That this is not just a feeling can be seen in the competitions. A lot less reindeer are entered, and there are even comps with no entries for lynx. I am trying to find three good male lynx as I used to, but all I found so far in four sessions was a small male and a female.

In the west wing of Val-des-Bois the grouses have reduced deer, bears and rabbits, and I saw fewer ptarmigan up north in the mountain.

Wood grouse calls are ominpresent in all reserves.

What changes is everybody else seeing, if any?
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

Not finding many airborne wood grouse of 6300 or higher either. (Sorry Hoo]
muldo
Outfitter

Post by muldo »

I can stop winging now as I potted an airborne Wood Grouse ,scoring 6852 at 56.2m. In serious reply to Hoocair's point, while looking for a Brown Bear on VDB ,in two separate visits to my Brown Bear hotspot, I found only 2 Bears compared to the expected 6-8. This was for the Patrick's day mission.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”