Release Notes - 31st August 2022 (Bug Fixes & QoL)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Release Notes - 31st August 2022 (Bug Fixes & QoL)

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy hunters!

Time really does fly. Anyway, this is a QoL of life release to take care of a few niggling issues and add a few new skulls to the list.

:arrow: We have added 4 more skulls into the game - Roosevelt Elk, Wild Boar, Polar Bear, Grizzly Bear

Onto the bug fixes:
:arrow: As the bleached skulls looked too bright in the Rustic lodge (as well as any white trophy animal), we fixed the light there.
:arrow: Since we were fiddling with the lodge, we also fixed the scale of the mounted animals there - plenty of animals had an incorrect scale in the lodge.
:arrow: Killed Pheasants' size was smaller than the original one and we increased it to be the same
:arrow: If the 'Show Status Bar' option was set to 'Never', it still showed some UI elements - fixed
:arrow: Water Buffalo does not get stuck in water when fleeing anymore
:arrow: Sambar Deer did not flee or lay down in case of close to critical shots, they just stood idle - fixed too
:arrow: Aimpoint H34L red dot did not disappear from the screen in some cases - fixed
:arrow: And the last thing, we gave a bit of TLC to the store - added the ability to buy 5 or 10 packs of ammo at once and blocked purchasing multiple items if it makes no sense (like clothes and callers)

As always, let us know if you spot a bug creeping around so we can squash it.

Grab the Update HERE on Steam.

Happy Hunting!
drakle
Hunter

Re: Release Notes - 31st August 2022 (Bug Fixes & QoL)

Post by drakle »

The ability to buy more than one ammo pack at once is certainly a good improvement, even though I personally tend to stick to the unlimited ammo subscription. Great update!

Steam Username: ColdBloodCroc™
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

With weapons, it would be impossible to purchase if it has already been purchased. There is no point in buying two in the game, and it would reduce random purchase errors and support load ;)
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Oh, so the Sambar will now die? I shot one a few days ago, it's wound time before it keeled over was 73 minutes https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/bcki ... 896088620- I just marked the spot on the map where I stood beside it and kicked it in its shins a few times, it stared at me snorted and continued staring blankly- I kept telling it to go toward the light- DIE! Left it standing there and when I made my way back to it the solid dome of death hovered over it- it finally went toward the light... :lol: :lol: Good update, thanks EW. Now if we can get this looked at that would be really cool: https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.p ... 6#p1039626 ;)

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Nice one. Hunting Sambhur today .... in tandem with assessing the difference between HV and HP ammo for the 7mm.08.
Shot a stag and a hind with the HV, both of which were single lung shots, that would have in the past run for ever, then stood around refusing to fall over. The stag went 150 m and the hind went 210m. Both properly dead when I got to them by tracking immediately after the shot.

Good work.

HP ammo gives better results on both Sambhur and pigs with instant knockdowns rather than single lung runners which seems to indicate it being a better choice for tougher animals.
Left a few pigs behind on bushrangers that stopped bleeding and never died using the HV ammo. Hp ammo sits them porkers down on the spot at over 200m.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters,

So, some of you may have noticed that one of our patches had an unexpected side effect, namely some monstrous animals. The glitch affects five animals: Dall sheep, Alpine Ibex, Sitka Deer, Polar Bear and Grizzly Bear. Our apologies for the confusion this must have caused.

Here's what we're going to do:
1/ The fix has been rolled back and bugged animals harvested will be recalculated to avoid future errors in estimating max scores (Feral Goats, anyone?). The scores and leaderboards should be recalculated within a day.
2/ Most of the huge animals harvested should still be trophy animals and showing a corrected score and size HOWEVER if you'd rather not have it in your lodge, please contact support. We will refund what you spent to tax and remove the offending animal from your fridge (please provide a link to the score sheet/s so we can make sure we get the right animal/s). This offer only applies to glitched animals or we'll never get to other bugs.

Happy Hunting!
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Although this might be quite disappointing for some players, I really appreciate it!
Spoiler:
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

AveryW88 wrote:So, some of you may have noticed that one of our patches had an unexpected side effect, namely some monstrous animals. The glitch affects five animals: Dall sheep, Alpine Ibex, Sitka Deer, Polar Bear and Grizzly Bear. Our apologies for the confusion this must have caused.
Oh, darn.... I was hunting different maps yesterday and missed that! I would have loved a monster sheep photo to go with my monster turkey! :lol:

Oooo... I wonder if Ogruls noticed any of those sheep, and what he thought of them? :lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Thx for the update. Brilliant idea with the ammo pack!
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

AveryW88 wrote:
1/ The fix has been rolled back and bugged animals harvested will be recalculated to avoid future errors in estimating max scores (Feral Goats, anyone?). The scores and leaderboards should be recalculated within a day.
Just to make sure: leaderboards of season 34 (hall of fame) are also considered, correct? This problem started slightly before season changes.
Spoiler:

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”