And they're loose.

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
mapache01
Outfitter

Re: And they're loose.

Post by mapache01 »

Now the .308 AR from COTW will be very handy for this lizard!!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

mapache01 wrote:Ok, I'm completely sure I hit it more than 300 times with 45-70 and some 90 with .340 and the thing never die, and now LOST CONNECTION - RESTART GAME!!
SCHI...T
Look at your HUNT HISTORY for guidance. You shot your .45-70 only 175 times with a 76% hit rate, so you only hit it 133 times with the .45-70.

You shot your .340 a total of 40 times with a 65% hit rate, so you only hit it 26 times with your .340.

It took us over 280 hits with the .45-70s. You probably had it at about half health.
dylmax91
Scout

Post by dylmax91 »

Sorry no hunting for me before april 5th, I don't like it, I really like the hunter classic, but updates like this, absolutely no interest for me .

regards . ;)
Fletchette
Trophy Hunter

Post by Fletchette »

dylmax91 wrote:Sorry no hunting for me before april 5th, I don't like it, I really like the hunter classic, but updates like this, absolutely no interest for me .

regards . ;)
Why? The TRex is only on 3 reserves, so all the other reserves are unaffected. Even on the 3 reserves, they don't effect the other animals, and they don't attack you. So even if you do happen to see one, just ignore it, and the game play is unaffected.
Personal Bests...
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Fletchette wrote:
dylmax91 wrote:Sorry no hunting for me before april 5th, I don't like it, I really like the hunter classic, but updates like this, absolutely no interest for me .

regards . ;)
Why? The TRex is only on 3 reserves, so all the other reserves are unaffected. Even on the 3 reserves, they don't effect the other animals, and they don't attack you. So even if you do happen to see one, just ignore it, and the game play is unaffected.
Yes, I do like how there are some reserves that are left alone, so those that want to try it can and those who want to avoid it ALSO can. Best way to do it to try and make the most people happy! :)
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

dylmax91
Scout

Post by dylmax91 »

splainin2do wrote:
Fletchette wrote:

regards . ;)
Yes, I do like how there are some reserves that are left alone, so those that want to try it can and those who want to avoid it ALSO can. Best way to do it to try and make the most people happy! :)
Yes , but the problem is that the BCKidd competition is on one of the reserves concerned !! already not easy these competitions, no need for that more ;)
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

dylmax91 wrote:
splainin2do wrote:
Fletchette wrote: Why? The TRex is only on 3 reserves, so all the other reserves are unaffected. Even on the 3 reserves, they don't effect the other animals, and they don't attack you. So even if you do happen to see one, just ignore it, and the game play is unaffected.
Yes , but the problem is that the BCKidd competition is on one of the reserves concerned !! already not easy these competitions, no need for that more ;)
Yes, dinosaurs are not scary))) Business then - one minus a first-aid kit, two minus a first-aid kit, and so on ..... :lol:
Oswald74
Outfitter

Post by Oswald74 »

Nice T-Rex but it would have been cool if you had added the "kill method" from "Carnivores 2"!

MfG L.E.

Mrmr123
Outfitter

Post by Mrmr123 »

Thank you guys for the fun event, i do have some complains :D

First it takes way too long for a single player person to kill them, too long to a point i got bored and just lost interest and went with ALT+F4.
Second the pop up notice about unethical was not only annoying as spam both in game spam and after the game on website spam from DOC, but it causes FPS drop to some people like me with low end laptops, so removing this whole pop up unethical spam message or disabling it for this event would have been better.
Third thing, T Rex should have been more aggressive, more loud and more scary with earth shacking stomps :) i didn't hear a single roar from him nor did he attack me.

I understand this event was done on very short time and resources so not gonna complain about harvesting them, trophy shots, etc.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

I have heard the same thing about trying to kill them in looking at Fakebook posts. Some people do not read the forum (or Discord), and so became very discouraged and frustrated. I'm not sure how else people would know exactly how many hits it would take to bring one down, so they would know ahead of time what they were getting into.

Doc is always annoying. ;)

I'm quite happy that the TRex didn't attack! I thought he was scary enough, and was quite happy that if I didn't bother him, he didn't bother me. It would be sad if he attacked unprovoked and made people have to buy a lot more first aid kits. That could be almost as frustrating as having to shoot him so many times (and buy all that ammo) to kill him.

It was a fun surprise to see this guy! I think a lot of us were expecting roe-bits again, especially as they are an animal still included in the signature widget. I know I like to try and fill that up each season, and the blank harvests for the roe-bit in an otherwise full card make me go :? :P :P :P

On that same note, I'm hoping that the blank spot showing in the widget between the turkey and water buffalo right now is not for the T-rex, as they can't be harvested. :?
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”