And they're loose.

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
calamar2000
Hunter

Re: And they're loose.

Post by calamar2000 »

:D :D :lol:
Forgiveness for my english...

"Aggressiveness is not on the side of the hunters." - (Leon Mazzella, 1890)
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

Well I finally got one. Unfortunately the hunt went about as smooth as a rocky road.

It took about 20-30 minutes to locate one in the southeastern portion of BRR. Not my first choice of map but my friend insisted and now that I've hunted one there I promise I won't do that again. Between it constantly going out of the reserve, submarining through the water on the far left of the map, and us running out of water on a hot map and thus losing shooting accuracy, it was a hassle. It took just over three hours to kill it with two people... but realistically I was kinda hunting it alone. In the end, my friend only hit it 24 times, I hit it 256 times, both using .45-70s.

About an hour into shooting it, I got a game connection issue screen. And of course, I then got the same screen every 60 seconds for the next two hours. I was able to fix it every time by tabbing out to windows and going back into the game but you can imagine how fun that was, especially because it happened every single time I had the beast in the scope. So yay for that. At one point about 2 hours in, it went to the other connection screen where it prompted me to kick my friend. It stayed like that for some 30 seconds or so and since it wasn't fixing itself, I kicked her and told her to rejoin on the tent that I was carrying. She tried to find my game for 20 minutes after that, she said it wasn't on the game list anymore (and she refreshed and restarted the launcher about a dozen times). I assume my game disappeared from the list when I started having connection issues. The game connection issue also caused me to go to me inventory and get stuck in a solid grey screen about a dozen different times, which I had to wait until the next connection issue screen to get out of.

So then I had the pleasure of chasing it for another hour by myself until it finally got stuck on a peninsula and stood still while I loaded the last 30 shots into it before it died. It started in the far southeast, ended up in the far northwest, made it to the western lodge, headed all the way south and then west to the coast again where it got stuck and I killed it.

I'm a little disappointed that they're not aggressive at all. I ran up to about 20m from it at one point to try to push it back into the reserve so we could shoot it and it started an attacking animation, but it stopped the attack as soon as we shot it once. 99.9% of the time it was just running away.

Between the two of us: 3 hours of shooting, 417 shots fired (.45-70), 280 shots hit (.45-70), roughly 18km traveled. But as my friend shot 99 times and only hit it 24 times, those stats are arguably more accurate for someone hunting one alone. Doable, but I won't be doing it again until I have a larger group of people to try with. And because of the connection issue, I couldn't even take a poor quality picture with the in-game camera for my gallery. It was uploading a picture when I got another connection issue, so then it stayed uploading indefinitely.

mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

What's the ammo permitted for those lizard??? all ready try .340 and 45-70!!

Received this message from the annoying Doc

messages_body_unethical_t_rex
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

xOEDragonx wrote:Well I finally got one. Unfortunately the hunt went about as smooth as a rocky road.

Between the two of us: 3 hours of shooting, 417 shots fired (.45-70), 280 shots hit (.45-70), roughly 18km traveled. But as my friend shot 99 times and only hit it 24 times, those stats are arguably more accurate for someone hunting one alone. Doable, but I won't be doing it again until I have a larger group of people to try with. And because of the connection issue, I couldn't even take a poor quality picture with the in-game camera for my gallery. It was uploading a picture when I got another connection issue, so then it stayed uploading indefinitely.

Stunned!!! Taking off my hat!
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

mapache01 wrote:What's the ammo permitted for those lizard??? all ready try .340 and 45-70!!

Received this message from the annoying Doc

messages_body_unethical_t_rex
There is no permitted ammo. They can be killed but not harvested.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

xOEDragonx wrote:Well I finally got one. Unfortunately the hunt went about as smooth as a rocky road.
One down, one to go for the weekend warriors! ;)
At least you had better luck than Jaxy did today on the stream! Heartbreaking! :o :lol:
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

splainin2do wrote:At least you had better luck than Jaxy did today on the stream! Heartbreaking! :o :lol:
I'm not quite sure if having to tab out of the game every 60 seconds for 2 hours was better than it just crashing on me. If I'd known it was going to take another 2 hours, I probably would have just restarted. But I didn't know how much health they had yet.

Oh and another thing, they DO change their animation based on their health. About halfway into the hunt I could see him starting to run with his head down, similar to an injured deer/goat in the game. For the last 1/4 or so of his health, he was running really slow with his head hanging really low. So they get droopier as they lose health.
VonStratos
Outfitter

Post by VonStratos »

Well, i gotta say this look awesome as an April Fools' joke, an event with tyrannosaurus. and if you have the Jurassic Park jeep... :lol:

ImageImage
"Turkeys...the only animal smarter than man."
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

Does this mean that someone on the team has figured out how to fix theHunter Primal.
If not there are instructions in the forum that will tell you exactly how to do it.
My Hunter primal runs fine , except that it keeps reverting to the French Language and has to be reset to English.
Its a great game that deserves to be Reinstated.
There are a good number of us that would be ecstatic if that was to happen.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
mapache01
Outfitter

Post by mapache01 »

Ok, I'm completely sure I hit it more than 300 times with 45-70 and some 90 with .340 and the thing never die, and now LOST CONNECTION - RESTART GAME!!
SCHI...T

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”