Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
ogruls
Outfitter

Re: Release Notes - 22nd March (Fallow Deer Updates+)

Post by ogruls »

xOEDragonx wrote:Very nice! I only just started hunting the fallow deer yesterday and they really round out the Hirschfelden map for me. It'll be great to have missions and comps for them so soon after their release, thank you! And I was hunting with someone yesterday who didn't have the fallow trophy poses and I even made a comment out loud about how our attempt at a trophy shot with two deer in it would have gone so much better if they could have just tabbed out and bought the poses while we were in the trophy shot fighting with posing the deer. Glad to know that's an option now... could have used it yesterday :lol:

I'm also glad to see the camo sets receiving more pieces. I have a couple of the backpacks and scarves. It'll be nice to complete the collection! Would now be a good time to ask for an upgrade to the Sneaky 3D Swamp Camo or the Sneaky 3D Summer Forest Camo so that it works in the northern forests of Rougarou Bayou? Right now there is no Sneaky 3D camo that works there at all, only the species-specific camos work up there. As I enjoy hunting bobcats in the north end of the swamp, it would be nice to have a camo outfit that works for them (other than the Outback camo, which feels out of place there).
Would love to see a B&C camo equivalent for felines.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Dmitri wrote:
OldMtnMan wrote:
Dmitri wrote: they do, exactly as it is written in their store description
I have a question. I'm only interested in a camo affect on the deer family of animals. I use the trapper, army, or B&C outfits. When checking the camo affect by the camo checker the items turn a tan color. Adding a scarf to the outfit shows it's a tan color too which means it's working. However, if I use face paint it doesn't show a tan color. Is it working?

For the deer family the scarf seems to work better than face paint. Is that right or does the face paint work but won't show up as a tan color on the camo checker?
face paint works almost the same way, it just does not appear on the camo checker as it is temporarily
Thank you.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
Vanatorul_Roman
Hunter

Post by Vanatorul_Roman »

Thanks for the update Avery. I appreciate the backpacking stuff, I was wondering for a long time why are they like that. Also I am glad that Fallow deer was corrected and that now we have missions and competitions for it
Maybe you could address also (next patch) the facepaint to be shown in game that is active and. Now it is not shown so one cannot be sure it work. Does it ?
Also , in the nexy patch maybe you folks can also complete for all seasons the dog backpacks and vests because some are missing.
And a suggestion if I may, maybe you can work something out for Rougarou Bayoux , north part, a new camo pack for northern islands only (the swamp camo pack won't work there as you already know). it would be a nice addition to the game.
Last edited by Vanatorul_Roman on March 23rd, 2022, 11:54 am, edited 2 times in total.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

Good to have mission packs. Thanks for the update. :) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
Dmitri
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by Dmitri »

btw, you can see the Fallow Deer in your forum widget too now ;)
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Dmitri...............I have a request concerning camo affect.

In my state of Colorado it's a law that we wear 500 sq in. of blaze orange in the form of a vest and hat. This is how i'm used to hunting. Blaze orange does not spook animals. They see red, orange, brown, and green as pale yellow. If I wear these colors I look the same as the terrain. Breaking up the color helps some but isn't necessary as the blaze orange vest and hat need to be a solid color. No camo pattern on the blaze orange is legal. For 70 years of hunting i've worn a red and black wool shirt. I can sneak within 5 ft of animals. It works as well as any camo pattern. Camo was invented to fool humans for the military.

My request is to have the red and black shirt and blaze orange clothing as protective as the camo clothing. Right now they have no protection and that's not realistic. I understand you want to sell the camo clothing but we still have to buy the red and black shirt and blaze orange clothing. Please give us the option to pick realistic clothes to hunt in.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

xOEDragonx wrote:Very nice! I only just started hunting the fallow deer yesterday and they really round out the Hirschfelden map for me. It'll be great to have missions and comps for them so soon after their release, thank you! And I was hunting with someone yesterday who didn't have the fallow trophy poses and I even made a comment out loud about how our attempt at a trophy shot with two deer in it would have gone so much better if they could have just tabbed out and bought the poses while we were in the trophy shot fighting with posing the deer. Glad to know that's an option now... could have used it yesterday :lol:

I'm also glad to see the camo sets receiving more pieces. I have a couple of the backpacks and scarves. It'll be nice to complete the collection! Would now be a good time to ask for an upgrade to the Sneaky 3D Swamp Camo or the Sneaky 3D Summer Forest Camo so that it works in the northern forests of Rougarou Bayou? Right now there is no Sneaky 3D camo that works there at all, only the species-specific camos work up there. As I enjoy hunting bobcats in the north end of the swamp, it would be nice to have a camo outfit that works for them (other than the Outback camo, which feels out of place there).
The Swamp camo does actually work in the north these days ;)
curlyCoyote
Outfitter

Post by curlyCoyote »

I really like how some of the jackets look, especially the Hochfelder and timber gold trails winner.
So to get them we have to win a monthly competition series in that specific reserve?
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

AveryW88 wrote:The Swamp camo does actually work in the north these days ;)
Say what?!?! I must have missed that in a past update, thanks a bunch! But just to echo Ogruls, a cat-specific camo would be totally cool although I'm honestly not sure what you could do for it. The three species of cats we have are in three totally different colored locales so it would have to just be some generic outfit with cat-camo. Maybe not the most realistic, but something I'd definitely buy nonetheless. And I agree with OldMtnMan too. Anything in orange blaze camo should have a camo affect against deer species. Orange is required where I hunt in real life as well so I'd like to wear it in the game for a change of pace once in a while... but not if it won't offer much function.

Anyway... thanks a bunch for the update!
deerman30
Tracker

Post by deerman30 »

Ooh these new scarves and backpacks look absolutely amazing. Tysm devs, you've given us clothing to complete our camo sets.

I Love Big Racks

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”