Cheaters Beware

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Re: Cheaters Beware

Post by Alphamale1956 »

BCKidd wrote:Well, I honestly don't know. A player could quit the game completely and request his info to be erased, we've seen forum members change their theHunter name on more than one occasion, and some do that over and over again. But, my take is that he has been removed for a particular reason- maybe I am wrong. One thing for sure, is we can all rest better if the reason for his demise is as you suspect. ;) Respect,

BCKidd.
Thanks for the input. I wonder if EW could confirm "removal for cheating" if I gave them an initial of the player's name and former Hunters Score ranking?
outrider
Champion Hunter
Location: fort worth, tx. "where the west begins"...(THF-37th)(TH-77th)

Post by outrider »

glad to hear that they are still working on dumping 'cheaters'. cheaters are the reason i stopped doing comps way over ten years ago. haven't felt comfortable enough to start again, maybe one day soon i will..

have a great day
:)
I shall Endeavor to Persevere.

Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

outrider wrote:glad to hear that they are still working on dumping 'cheaters'. cheaters are the reason i stopped doing comps way over ten years ago. haven't felt comfortable enough to start again, maybe one day soon i will..

have a great day
Hard to believe but my son has told me that hackers actually sell their hack TO the game developer so THEY can make money off of them. I don't know how, but a lot of the game makers hire guys to prevent hacking of the game. It turns out that a lot of private hackers are much better than "Hack-spotters" or maybe it's much harder to spot hacks than it is to manufacture them. Anyway, he says that "he's read" where the pro hackers sell to the game makers the hack and then the game can say they found and squashed yet another "Hack to shoot thru structures". Now, this is all on Xbox, so it'd be even worse on PCs as they're easier to hack than Xbox. So, I guess it's safe to assume that the guy who seems to be wildly successful in the game but all of sudden vanishes, has cheated somehow. It'd be better if we saw who these people were.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Alphamale1956 wrote:Hard to believe but my son has told me that hackers actually sell their hack TO the game developer so THEY can make money off of them. I don't know how, but a lot of the game makers hire guys to prevent hacking of the game. It turns out that a lot of private hackers are much better than "Hack-spotters" or maybe it's much harder to spot hacks than it is to manufacture them. Anyway, he says that "he's read" where the pro hackers sell to the game makers the hack and then the game can say they found and squashed yet another "Hack to shoot thru structures". Now, this is all on Xbox, so it'd be even worse on PCs as they're easier to hack than Xbox. So, I guess it's safe to assume that the guy who seems to be wildly successful in the game but all of sudden vanishes, has cheated somehow. It'd be better if we saw who these people were.
That's actually not hard to believe at all! There are "White hat" and "Grey hat" hackers as well as "Black hat" hackers. A lot of White hat hackers work for or even run security firms. An associate of ours runs a computer business and does "white hat" hacking for his customers to show them where security flaws are.
You might find this write up interesting: https://www.techtarget.com/searchsecuri ... /white-hat
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

So Grey Hackers are like mercenaries in that they have the "ethics" of the higher bidder. Too much "cloak 'n dagger" for my tastes. But interesting.
BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:glad to hear that they are still working on dumping 'cheaters'. cheaters are the reason i stopped doing comps way over ten years ago. haven't felt comfortable enough to start again, maybe one day soon i will..

have a great day
Holy :o smokes! Outrider you ol' son-of-a-gun, how are you my friend? Haven't heard a peep from you in a while. The earth is a better place knowing that you are still on it... ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

BCKidd wrote:

have a great day
Holy :o smokes! Outrider you ol' son-of-a-gun, how are you my friend? Haven't heard a peep from you in a while. The earth is a better place knowing that you are still on it... ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.
thank you my friend, it's always good to here from you... i'm doing alright, i'm still waking up and walking and talking. i can't ask for any thing more... :D

outrider
Champion Hunter

Post by outrider »

Alphamale1956 wrote:

have a great day
Hard to believe but my son has told me that hackers actually sell their hack TO the game developer so THEY can make money off of them. I don't know how, but a lot of the game makers hire guys to prevent hacking of the game. It turns out that a lot of private hackers are much better than "Hack-spotters" or maybe it's much harder to spot hacks than it is to manufacture them. Anyway, he says that "he's read" where the pro hackers sell to the game makers the hack and then the game can say they found and squashed yet another "Hack to shoot thru structures". Now, this is all on Xbox, so it'd be even worse on PCs as they're easier to hack than Xbox. So, I guess it's safe to assume that the guy who seems to be wildly successful in the game but all of sudden vanishes, has cheated somehow. It'd be better if we saw who these people were.

it's a real shame to see such good talent go to the "dark side" :( , when the energy could be used to provide good things for people,......but, that's the way the world seem to be going..

BCKidd

Post by BCKidd »

outrider wrote:
BCKidd wrote:

have a great day

BCKidd.
thank you my friend, it's always good to here from you... i'm doing alright, i'm still waking up and walking and talking. i can't ask for any thing more... :D
Awesome! ;) Respectfully,

BCKidd.

"Patience and perseverance, are not an option if you want that trophy, they are a necessity."

Keep it real!
"Careful, David, he's Canadian......They eat people you know." Fletchette.
1Al
Hunter

Post by 1Al »

Good to know, I personallly have been reporting irregularities in competitions for years. The problem I reported in pm to EW staff too, concerns the spawn anomalies of some competitions in particular, with precise references to the disputed sheets stats, obviously. The responses alwayas was there's nothing strange about it, when the evidence says clearly the direct opposite. So there nothing has changed.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”