Release Notes - 4th March 2022 (Community League)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
Ardillamente
Tracker

Re: Release Notes - 4th March 2022 (Community League)

Post by Ardillamente »

atc86 wrote:Which might be the biggest pain to do as they need to check all scoresheets after the NT kill and verify that they were within the attempts. Not only that I wonder how many 200-220 NT's were scored as typical and the user didn't take a photo.... Looks like no way to tell if it's typical or not unless they have a trophy shot to go with it. Hopefully the devs have tools that can look in to that regardless of a photo or not.
There are ways to distinguish typicals from non-typs in a person's hunt stats.

First of all the hunt would show a non-typ killed in the section where all animals taken during that hunt are listed.

Secondly, when clicking on a particular buck the scoresheet will indicate whether it's typical or non-typ.
wt_hunting
Scout

Post by wt_hunting »

Ardillamente wrote: There are ways to distinguish typicals from non-typs in a person's hunt stats.

First of all the hunt would show a non-typ killed in the section where all animals taken during that hunt are listed.

Secondly, when clicking on a particular buck the scoresheet will indicate whether it's typical or non-typ.
That's not true. I killed one on March 4th. It still doesn't show in my hunt stats for that hunt as a NT. The B&C scoresheet still shows it as a typical. I have a picture, and video of the kill which proves beyond any doubt it is a NT, but it doesn't say so, ANYWHERE yet, except, at the end of the hunt, my lifetime stats for Whitetail Deer Non-typicals increased by one. And of course its on the top-ten leaderboard for the current comp. However, its not on my Season's Best for season 33, because Season's Best Stats do not include NTs,
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

Ah that's too bad wt_hunting. Yeah I've seen that happen before too, sometimes it seems like there's a glitch where the NT shows up on the scoresheet as typical. In my experience it's pretty rare though, only seen it maybe a couple times.
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

wt_hunting wrote:That's not true. I killed one on March 4th. It still doesn't show in my hunt stats for that hunt as a NT. The B&C scoresheet still shows it as a typical. I have a picture, and video of the kill which proves beyond any doubt it is a NT, but it doesn't say so, ANYWHERE yet, except, at the end of the hunt, my lifetime stats for Whitetail Deer Non-typicals increased by one. And of course its on the top-ten leaderboard for the current comp. However, its not on my Season's Best for season 33, because Season's Best Stats do not include NTs,
I just went through the top 10 deer in the current competition. I was able to find the NT scoresheet for all of them and all of the ones that have trophy shots are labeled non-typical in the gallery.

I don't believe hunt histories ever display non-typicals. But I don't think I've ever seen a scoresheet of a NT that didn't update within 24 hours or a trophy shot of a NT labelled typical.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters,

Non-typicals have been removed from the Community League. Anyone who had a Non-typ entry, your highest-scoring typical Whitetail has been submitted to the competition instead. Our apologies for the confusion with the the first comp in the League.

If you spot any further problems, let us know via support: https://support.thehunter.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Happy Hunting!
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

Ardillamente wrote:
atc86 wrote:Which might be the biggest pain to do as they need to check all scoresheets after the NT kill and verify that they were within the attempts. Not only that I wonder how many 200-220 NT's were scored as typical and the user didn't take a photo.... Looks like no way to tell if it's typical or not unless they have a trophy shot to go with it. Hopefully the devs have tools that can look in to that regardless of a photo or not.

Nope, that's why we had this issue in the first place... obviously a bug but NT's were showing as typical on the scoresheet
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

AveryW88 wrote:Howdy Hunters,

Non-typicals have been removed from the Community League.

Happy Hunting!
Thank you Avery & EW, anyone who worked on fixing this. :)
Hope this will not happen again with the other future Deer species. Blacktail Deer coming up on the 17th! :roll:
Ardillamente
Tracker

Post by Ardillamente »

atc86 wrote:
Ardillamente wrote:

Nope, that's why we had this issue in the first place... obviously a bug but NT's were showing as typical on the scoresheet
Are you just talking about the league competition now? In general non-typical bucks show properly on the scoresheets unless there's a rare glitch. For the competition that was a whole different matter, all of the non-typs were counting.
BojanPanic14

Post by BojanPanic14 »

from 4 in the competition I went to 165, it is not right at all to change the competition 2 days before it ends.... if by now counted the non-typical you had to stay because if you really wanted to change you had to do it the same day not 4 days later
the higher you climb, the more we see your as* ;)
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

Q : What happens at the end of the 3 months, when the time to declare the big winner, there are a couple or many players tied for the top spot?
Imo, there is a good possibility that this could happen.
This quote ...
AveryW88 wrote:
After 3 months, the player with the most points wins the Season prize, a "Pro" jacket, a grand trophy, and even more em$. Runners up get em$ and bragging rights.
... only mentions '' the player ''.

Thank you.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”