Release Notes - 4th March 2022 (Community League)

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Release Notes - 4th March 2022 (Community League)

Post by AveryW88 »

Howdy Hunters!

Starting today, the EHR Community League will be replacing our current weekend competition format.

Every Friday, hunt a different animal in the assigned reserve (animals hunted outside that reserve won't count). You have a full week and 7 attempts to make an entry. The competition is activated and deactivated like usual. For the week that an animal is being hunted, all regular competitions dedicated to that animal will be suspended. And yes, sales will now run for a full week. Rewards per League Competition will match the weekend competitions they're replacing.

Events will not be affected by the League.

All competitions will be Single Player only except any Duck or Goose competition.

Every 4 weeks, we go to a new reserve, and every 3 reserves is a Season.

You do not have to participate in every single League Competition to qualify for the monthly or Season prizes, but there are obvious advantages to throwing your hat in the ring as often as you can.

Scoring

Each week, the top 10 players in the week-long competition are awarded 10 to 1 points based on their place in the competition (1st gets 10, and so on). Competitions, of course, have their own trophies and em$ as per usual.

At the end of the 4th week, the top 3 Players with the most points in that reserve win a snazzy Reserve Jacket (with working camo), a trophy, and some em$. Yes, although your points go forward for the Season total, you get a fresh chance each month to win a Reserve Jacket.

After 3 months, the player with the most points wins the Season prize, a "Pro" jacket, a grand trophy, and even more em$. Runners up get em$ and bragging rights.

With the Season over, the points completely reset.

Then it starts all over again.

To start you off, it's Whitetail in Whitehart Island.

And of course, check out the sales while you're there ;)

✅ .303 British Bolt Action Rifle
✅ 7x64mm Bolt Action Rifle
✅ .357 Revolver
✅ Tents

...and much more. Up to 40% off!

Sale ends on March the 11th, 12:00 pm UTC
Mrmr123
Outfitter

Re: Release Notes - 4th March 2022 (Community League)

Post by Mrmr123 »

Thats amazing, thanks for the fresh take to the comps. i do have some questions :)

Is it possible to add a separate comp for non-typical that run for a week maybe? and reset each week? so people can get some EM and League points from them?

and what about the people that will extend the hunt for the next day? is this allowed? they can double the amount of attempts this way or maybe even triple it to increase their chances at getting lucky.
fon_Belkrofft_DK
Outfitter

Post by fon_Belkrofft_DK »

All competitions for the month Community League Whitehart Island - highest scoring :x . There is no variety. Add the weight of the male + the weight of the female, and so on.
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

The competition page says typical whitetail but the leader has a score of over 250 with a non typical. Please clarify.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Comp is for typical. If you look at the scoresheet for the animal in question, it's a typical whitetail.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/then ... /862430393
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

AveryW88 wrote:Comp is for typical. If you look at the scoresheet for the animal in question, it's a typical whitetail.

https://www.thehunter.com/#profile/then ... /862430393

https://photo.thehunter.com/e4/bd/e4bd6 ... 0e5554.jpg

It's a non typical... Correct me if I'm wrong but a typical whitetail cannot reach a score that high.
SRV
Tracker

Post by SRV »

I agree with atc86... It is a NT WT. Picture on his profile confirms it. Please take action towards this, so that we all can continue this comp or not. Thank you.
( scoresheet does not always show the right info/stats. This has always been like that & is proven many times )
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Taking a deeper look into it, thanks for the heads up.
atc86
Tracker

Post by atc86 »

Don't get me wrong I think NT's should be included in the comps I never understood why they weren't or at least have 1 comp where they are included. It's pretty rare to get a big one, in my time playing I've only gotten one high scoring NT and haven't seen any in 4 or 5 years.
AveryW88
EW Staff
EW Staff

Post by AveryW88 »

Yeah, but the comp does state Typical only, so something needs a tweak there. Whether that's including non-typs or making sure none are slipping through the cracks, it needs to be clear to the people wanting to compete.

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”