Official Discord Server

The latest news and announcements about theHunter provided by the developers
TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Official Discord Server

Post by TreeKiwi »

Hey team,

Today we launch our Official Discord server.
Our primary goal is to give all our users a place they can meet and chat while hunting together. It will be to a large degree self moderating, meaning if someone joins your channel that you do not want to hear you can simply right click their name and hit the mute button :) . But this is a great community and I am sure that will only be needed on rare occasions.

For a few different reasons but mainly to protect all our users we only have one Text channel which can only be used by EW staff to post announcements or other important news. If we had open text channels we could not guarantee the the content would stay safe for everyone's eyes and besides if anyone wishes to share videos or photos they can do so in these forums.

Everyone and anyone is welcome and we highly encourage people who wish to find new hunting buddies to use it. It has also been setup for both Classic and COTW.

Here is the link that never expires and you can share it with your friends. https://discord.gg/pNXXQvJ

Cheers

TK
HD_Artworks
Outfitter

Re: Official Discord Server

Post by HD_Artworks »

I always wish to see my favourite game have channel on social medias! :D
I'll join of course...
Thanks for that.
Season Stats
Spoiler:
Schlachtwolf
Hunter

Post by Schlachtwolf »

Joined up, but being a tech idiot I will need 3 months to figure out how it works but I do own a USB headphne with mic so there is hope !!!
My opinion may not be right, but it is the one I like most :D

SoftShoe
Outfitter

Post by SoftShoe »

Schlachtwolf wrote:Joined up, but being a tech idiot I will need 3 months to figure out how it works but I do own a USB headphne with mic so there is hope !!!
Discord is pretty intuitive, much easier & better sound quality IMO then TeamSpeak. If you have any issues post them up.

TreeKiwi
Community Manager
Community Manager

Post by TreeKiwi »

Schlachtwolf wrote:Joined up, but being a tech idiot I will need 3 months to figure out how it works but I do own a USB headphne with mic so there is hope !!!
I will make some quick step by step instructions tomorrow time pending :)
greylaghunter
Scout

Post by greylaghunter »

I have the headset but never used it for talking,must I download discord to join in
ChiefFeathers

Post by ChiefFeathers »

Meh, was hoping for a quick chat channel where I cud just ask simpel and fast questions instead of having to create a whole new post about it.
One can also block / ignore a person, as you put in your example for mute, which then removes all the contect this person have written.
Maybe in the future with bots or mods, don't allow links.
But anyways, thanks for the discord! :)
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

TreeKiwi wrote:Image

Hey team,

Today we launch our Official Discord server.
Our primary goal is to give all our users a place they can meet and chat while hunting together. It will be to a large degree self moderating, meaning if someone joins your channel that you do not want to hear you can simply right click their name and hit the mute button :) . But this is a great community and I am sure that will only be needed on rare occasions.

For a few different reasons but mainly to protect all our users we only have one Text channel which can only be used by EW staff to post announcements or other important news. If we had open text channels we could not guarantee the the content would stay safe for everyone's eyes and besides if anyone wishes to share videos or photos they can do so in these forums.

Everyone and anyone is welcome and we highly encourage people who wish to find new hunting buddies to use it. It has also been setup for both Classic and COTW.

Here is the link that never expires and you can share it with your friends. https://discord.gg/pNXXQvJ

Cheers

TK

Could always get a moderator bot to ban certain words in the channel
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Bong_Boy wrote:Could always get a moderator bot to ban certain words in the channel
I suspect a decision was made to exclude text channels because it would draw valuable information away from the official forum that has grown and evolved over almost a decade. Not everyone will want to use Discord, so it makes sense not to start spreading written content across two platforms.
Bong_Boy
Spotter

Post by Bong_Boy »

caledonianblues wrote:
Bong_Boy wrote:Could always get a moderator bot to ban certain words in the channel
I suspect a decision was made to exclude text channels because it would draw valuable information away from the official forum that has grown and evolved over almost a decade. Not everyone will want to use Discord, so it makes sense not to start spreading written content across two platforms.
Fair enough

Return to “Latest News & Announcements”