How to reliably shoot a fleeing Coyote with Crossbow

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

How to reliably shoot a fleeing Coyote with Crossbow

Post by HooCairs »

Hope this helps to complete the most challenging of all the mission tasks. 8-)

My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Re: How to reliably shoot a fleeing Coyote with Crossbow

Post by Deconstructed »

"The most realistic hunting experience awaits." ~ Steam store page

They seem to be trying to prove this is not the case with such silly objectives. Appreciate the work but the fact a video has to be made employing a gimmick (borderline exploit) to complete this says everything.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

Deconstructed wrote:"The most realistic hunting experience awaits." ~ Steam store page

They seem to be trying to prove this is not the case with such silly objectives. Appreciate the work but the fact a video has to be made employing a gimmick (borderline exploit) to complete this says everything.
I agree as well, gimmick Thank you for the vid though hoocairs. I'd rather have to shoot one unspooked with score of x, and make it like top 10% or 15% animal. At least then it's not based on sheer luck and sillyness.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Deconstructed wrote:"The most realistic hunting experience awaits." ~ Steam store page

"most realistic" does only indicates that others are even worse...

Compared to real life hunting a lot of elements are not realist at all:
- number of animals (even if you take in account that time is running twice as fast) who ever shot 5 polar bears in 3 hours or 20 Turkeys in a few minutes...
- fleeing behavior (eg pheasants always fly straight away, buffalo always attack (as long as you are not in the water) climbing a tree stand does not spook animals nearby.

This will lead to a classic hen-and-egg-problem: As long as it is like this, such stupid requirements will pop up, but as long as such stupid requirements pop up, you will need to use these mechanisms to fulfill (as you are limited in time).
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

They will only continue to pop up as long as people continue to entertain the stupidity.
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Anyone complaining about realism can immediately stop playing this game. Or will you curse every two minutes, because your huntermate can estimate the gender and the weight of an animal based on what it dropped, or because you can leave al the shot animals in the woods, or because of another 101 things that won't happen in reality?
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

HooCairs wrote:Anyone complaining about realism can immediately stop playing this game. Or will you curse every two minutes, because your huntermate can estimate the gender and the weight of an animal based on what it dropped, or because you can leave al the shot animals in the woods, or because of another 101 things that won't happen in reality?
It's not a black/white, realistic/unrealistic comparison Hoo. Lots of grey in the middle. This mission objective has just taken things a little too far. Most of us play to relax and enjoy ourselves, maybe, occasionally, challenge ourselves. If I want to be frustrated and annoyed I'll find something else to do.
Dr_ViEr
Hunter

Post by Dr_ViEr »

Deconstructed wrote:
HooCairs wrote:Anyone complaining about realism can immediately stop playing this game. Or will you curse every two minutes, because your huntermate can estimate the gender and the weight of an animal based on what it dropped, or because you can leave al the shot animals in the woods, or because of another 101 things that won't happen in reality?
It's not a black/white, realistic/unrealistic comparison Hoo. Lots of grey in the middle. This mission objective has just taken things a little too far. Most of us play to relax and enjoy ourselves, maybe, occasionally, challenge ourselves. If I want to be frustrated and annoyed I'll find something else to do.
I totally agree on that!

These event missions are a nice add-on given by the devs and I like them very much, but I think they should more focusing on things like trophy, distance or shot placement than on requirements far off reality.
Spoiler:
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Deconstructed wrote:
I have never hunted in real life, yet I believe shooting a running coyote with a crossbow might occur sooner, than fast traveling to another place with zero seconds time loss.

I am sure to find another 20 things less real than that silly crossbow task if I had to. ;)
Spoiler:
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

HooCairs wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:
I have never hunted in real life, yet I believe shooting a running coyote with a crossbow might occur sooner, than fast traveling to another place with zero seconds time loss.

I am sure to find another 20 things less real than that silly crossbow task if I had to. ;)
You seem to be stuck in the realism sphere. Try this, realistically, if people could fast travel IRL without time loss, they would. Realistically, nobody (save a few odd masochists) would try to replicate the challenge objective in question here IRL.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”