Me and my friend found a rare fox today!

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
Mattb85
Spotter

Me and my friend found a rare fox today!

Post by Mattb85 »

We were hunting foxes for missions when we stumbled upon this gem. My buddy is the guy kneeling behind the critter. I have some better pictures but I dont know how to upload them.

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Re: Me and my friend found a rare fox today!

Post by JimboCrow »

Hi Matt!! Your friend should check the scoresheet to see if it's just the "Blue" version. If so it is not a true rare, just a color variation. However if it's a "Melanistic" it is truly rare.
Spoiler:

Say what you mean, mean what you say; decide upon it, do it, defend it. Keep an open mind, admit when you're wrong, forgive and forget.
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

It's my animal, he just wanted to pose with it since he spotted it first and helped in the hunt.

It is the "Blue" color variation (despite being jet black). Even if it isn't super rare, it makes a great trophy in my lodge.
splainin2do
Outfitter

Post by splainin2do »

Mattb85 wrote:It's my animal, he just wanted to pose with it since he spotted it first and helped in the hunt.

It is the "Blue" color variation (despite being jet black). Even if it isn't super rare, it makes a great trophy in my lodge.
Just wait until you get your first silver-tipped "red" fox... that will get the guys here all excited! :D
Working 2 jobs doesn't leave enough time for hunting! :(
"...but catching you is going to be impossible." Radamus

JimboCrow
Outfitter

Post by JimboCrow »

Mattb85 wrote:It's my animal, he just wanted to pose with it since he spotted it first and helped in the hunt.

I'm sorry Matt. I should have made it clear that I certainly do applaud your harvest, and that I too am happy when I find a Blue arctic fox. It will indeed look very nice in your lodge!! Good hunting to you always, and good luck!! :D
xOEDragonx

Post by xOEDragonx »

As mentioned, the "blue" arctic fox variation is a bit uncommon but it is not considered a true rare. Still a beautiful animal for the lodge nonetheless! Arctic foxes don't actually have any rare variations. I recommend taking a look at the wikipedia to see which animal variations are actually considered rare so you know what to keep an eye out for: CLICK HERE FOR ANIMAL FUR VARIATIONS
Mattb85
Spotter

Post by Mattb85 »

Yea, I jumped the gun thinking it was a Melanistic fox.

I actually just got another one... it will also go in the lodge. The bright side to them not being too rare is that my lodge will now be filled with black foxes.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”