Becoming an approved YouTube partner

Share your best screenshots and videos from the game, check out the great art submitted or post about your own fan site!
klijn12345

Re: Becoming an approved YouTube partner

Post by klijn12345 »

what do you get when your EW youtube partner ?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

klijn12345 wrote:what do you get when your EW youtube partner ?
You are allowed to monetize your theHunter videos.
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
vittring
Tracker

Post by vittring »

They make demands you give away a copy of your passport.
What is this bull*hit? They should just be glad people do free advertisement for their game.
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

They make demands?? If you've approached them, asking to monetise videos based on their intellectual property, I would hardly call asking for some personal information a demand.

From what I understand, in order to monetise your videos, YouTube requires you to seek explicit written permission from the rights holder(s) of any visual or audio elements of the video. In this case Expansive Worlds own the rights to the game and therefore have the right to decide who can monetise videos based on their product. That does not mean they're ungrateful to those who create great video footage of their game. However, at the point where you start monetising your theHunter videos, Expansive Worlds are effectively doing you a favour too, so I think asking for some proof of identify is not an unreasonable request. They're not going to steal your identify or post pictures of your passport on the Internet.

There are other companies within the gaming industry that have similar partnership schemes. There are also companies within the gaming industry that actively remove videos which have been uploaded, without prior consent, who then also seek legal action.

I'm sure there are a number of people within the community that currently monetise their videos, who would also have had to hand over some form of photographic identity. I don't think it's a big deal.
ronMctube
Chat Logger

Post by ronMctube »

yes its just standard practice. some studios will allow videos of their games some wont.
JJ74
Tracker

Post by JJ74 »

Hi, I am new to youtube and I am primarily focusing on making theHunter videos, my channel has some Dayz footage but I mostly want to make theHunter content, my channel link: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmcP6A ... RplOKUcPMQ
My channel is small but I was wondering if there is a space on the forums to post your youtube videos?
HooCairs
Champion Hunter

Post by HooCairs »

Post your videos where you see fit. Don't think there is a rule for how to do it. Many just make a new thread in the section Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art.

Make sure to contact community manager Alena to settle the formalities.

Good luck with your channel! :)
My Youtube theHunter Wiki
Spoiler:
Beano8U
Scout

Post by Beano8U »

I'm glad I came across this thread. Turned monetization off for all my vids except my own content that I have created that doesn't involve a third party. Never knew that written permission was needed for it to happen. (not that I have enough views to start with haha)
Will follow the rules nonetheless :) Who like ads anyways?

Billy_Howe

Post by Billy_Howe »

Hello,

How long does this offer stand? I am looking to begin getting way more involved in this community and posting a lot to youtube. Already in the works for some upcoming videos. Avid waterfowl hunter and love what is done with the game. Would love to have an opportunity in this

Sincerely,

Billy_Howe
Howe Productions
Happy Hunting,

Billy_Howe
caledonianblues
Master Hunter

Post by caledonianblues »

Billy_Howe wrote:How long does this offer stand?
It's an open-ended offer, you just need to have at least 1,000 subscribers to your channel in order to qualify for the program.

Return to “Fan Sites, Screenshots, Media & Art”