Sambar caller...please

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
gustascon

Sambar caller...please

Post by gustascon »

Sorry for my English that I don't master... I don't enjoy hunting so much using urine, I prefer using callers and I really need a sambar caller. Please create a new caller or instead enable the elk calf caller to attract male sambar deer as well, as shown in the following videos:

https://youtu.be/oPw6FpwoQKg?t=120
https://youtu.be/I16v0ICLU7s

If you accept this suggestion, I and many hunters will be very happy and grateful.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Re: Sambar caller...please

Post by DanthemanBoone »

There are more than enough dumbed down animals in this game. When the Sambhur were first introduced there was no scent spray for them. That made hunting them a proper challenge , particularly the Stags. Hunting Water Buffs, Banteng and Sambhur in the forests was the closest you could get to real hunting in this game. Introducing more callers or scents just makes the game too simple for players that dont have the determination to learn the skills required.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.
Bonedigger777
Tracker

Post by Bonedigger777 »

I'm of two minds about this one. While I've certainly had instances where I've spotted a big stag 180m out from a treestand and been frustrated by the fact it was out of range of the lure, adding a caller would kind of spoil the unique nature of Sambar hunting.
OldMtnMan
Outfitter

Post by OldMtnMan »

Don't trick animals to come to you. Sneak into them. You're a predator. Hunt like one.
------------------------
Pete

One shot. One kill.

Fair Chase Hunter.

Long live Classic.
trulight
Scout

Post by trulight »

I Disagree A caller would be nice, as well as callers for everything to fill in the gaps. If you don't want to use them because you want a challenge, then don't like i know OldMtnMan does :) The fact of the matter is, id rather have an option to hunt a different way then be forced into a choice.
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

trulight wrote:I Disagree A caller would be nice, as well as callers for everything to fill in the gaps. If you don't want to use them because you want a challenge, then don't like i know OldMtnMan does :) The fact of the matter is, id rather have an option to hunt a different way then be forced into a choice.
Exactly!!! Since when do we concern ourselves how OTHERS play the game. Mind your own business and play how YOU like to play. If there's too many callers, DON'T USE THEM. You make your own challenges. There's always someone trying to tell others how the game should be played.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
trulight wrote:I Disagree A caller would be nice, as well as callers for everything to fill in the gaps. If you don't want to use them because you want a challenge, then don't like i know OldMtnMan does :) The fact of the matter is, id rather have an option to hunt a different way then be forced into a choice.
Exactly!!! Since when do we concern ourselves how OTHERS play the game. Mind your own business and play how YOU like to play. If there's too many callers, DON'T USE THEM. You make your own challenges. There's always someone trying to tell others how the game should be played.
Since long ago amigo. Remember when Polar Bears came out (only limited openings, never ever will there be comps for them). That said, no reason not to be able to somehow attract all species. Much more needed for Bighorn Sheep and Grizzlies though. ;)
Alphamale1956
Outfitter

Post by Alphamale1956 »

Deconstructed wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote:
Since long ago amigo. Remember when Polar Bears came out (only limited openings, never ever will there be comps for them). That said, no reason not to be able to somehow attract all species. Much more needed for Bighorn Sheep and Grizzlies though. ;)
So you're saying to skip using a bear bait barrel on the Grizz? I knew it.
Deconstructed
Outfitter

Post by Deconstructed »

Alphamale1956 wrote:
Deconstructed wrote:
Alphamale1956 wrote: Exactly!!! Since when do we concern ourselves how OTHERS play the game. Mind your own business and play how YOU like to play. If there's too many callers, DON'T USE THEM. You make your own challenges. There's always someone trying to tell others how the game should be played.
So you're saying to skip using a bear bait barrel on the Grizz? I knew it.
Yes please.
DanthemanBoone
Outfitter

Post by DanthemanBoone »

The reality is that when callers or scents are introduced we DON'T have a choice not to use them.
If you are going to free hunt in single player then Fair enough, you can forego the use of them.
But if you want to hunt in a competition then in order to stay competitive you are going to have to resort to their use.
There really is No choice. You will be FORCED to hunt with them or you might as well give up those competitions.. Unless of course the Devs were to introduce some comps "No Scents, baits or callers" That I could live with.
Old hunters never die.They just sit around the campfires and tell the biggest lies.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”