In Game Harvest Time Added to Hunt History or Score Sheet

Share your ideas and suggestions for The Hunter here
Bonedigger777
Tracker

In Game Harvest Time Added to Hunt History or Score Sheet

Post by Bonedigger777 »

One thing I have noticed while spending hours and hours scouting and observing Sambar is that while the time you start a hunt doesn't seem to affect spawning, from there on they do appear to follow a schedule of activity based on the time of day. This is consistent with the developer post from 2012 (https://forum.thehunter.com/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=32323). The "Sambar Golden Treestand" is based on that fact. It's in the middle of several spawning areas and it's also in the middle of a Sambar rest area. Sambar sleep from about 11:30 to 13:00 (also from about 14:30 to 16:00). So if you start a hunt at 11:00 and fast travel there, you get a heavy concentration of Sambar coming in to the scent lure and falling asleep in the area. Some of them even fall asleep before they get to you.

Hunt histories and score sheets do not show the in game time of day. Only the UTC time of harvest is displayed. It would be nice if the in game time of day of the harvest could be added to the hunt history or score sheet. For example, when I look at someone's hunt history to see where they shot a big stag and I see it's by the river or marsh, the first question in my mind is whether it was there because it spawned in the area, because it was pushed there by the hunter, or because it was during one of the "drink" times in the day. (There's no drinking animation. They just wander around the water for an hour or so and then head back up to higher elevation for the next activity). Comparing the start time to the harvest time can somewhat answer the question about whether it's from spawning in the area, but as the harvest time gets farther from the start time, that becomes less likely.

Return to “Thoughts & Suggestions”